Today I am going to review one of my favorite products from Mac. Its my first paint pot from Mac and I love to use it every now and then. It’s a versatile product and a must have eye makeup stuff for every makeup lover.
About MAC Paint Pot Idyllic :-
A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners. Mac paint pot in idyllic is from Mac Posh Paradise Collection. Idyllic is described by MAC as a “mid tone copper with bronze frost.”
- Price: Rs 1350 for 5 Grams
My Take on MAC Paint Pot Idyllic:-
Mac paint posts are versatile products which can be used on eye lids as cream shadows and can be used as a base under powder shadows for better adherence. Before getting my first Mac paint pot, I got Maybelline eye tattoos in bad to the bronze, fierce & Tangy, Pomegranate punk. I loved Maybelline cream shadows very much for their quality and staying power. When I checked mac paint pots at Mac store, I realized Mac ones are less shimmery and blend effortlessly. I wanted to get many shades but seeing the price I just got one of the shade which is ‘Idyllic’, its from Posh Paradise collection of Mac. I would love to get these in more shades like constructivist and nubile, but don’t know if I would get those at stores anymore.
- Packaging: Mac paint pots come in small cute glass jars with a black screw on cap. Shade name along with quantity is mentioned at the bottom of the glass jar. One can see the complete ingredient list mentioned in the black carton in which paint pot comes with. One gets total 5 grams of product in these jars.
- Shade: ‘Idyllic’ is a gorgeous copper brown shade with burgundy hints. Its a flattering shade for brides and Indian beauties. When I saw this beauty at the store, I could not control myself and immediately purchased it. I can’t express how much I wanted to get another paint pot in Constructivist but it was no more available. This shade has fine microshimmers which do not show up on eyes as gritty shimmers rather impart a soft sheen to the shade.
- Texture, Finish & Blendability: Mac paint pots come in different finish, Idyllic is described as mid tone copper with bronze frost, I feel it has a pretty pearl sheen and its definitely not frosty like Maybelline eye tattoo shade bad to bronze. Personally I prefer products with pearl sheen than ones with frosty finish. Mac paint pot shades have very soft texture and do not contain gritty shimmer. I found it pretty easy to blend the mac product on my eyes with ease. One has to be quick with blending as Mac paint pot cream shadows dry up quite fast. These do not get cakey and do not give any stretchy feeling because I do not feel the need to layer on this shade on my eyes. I blend the product sometimes with a flat eye shadow brush and sometimes with my fingers.
Mac Paint Pot ‘Idyllic’ Swatches:-
- Pigmentation & Staying Power: Mac paint pot shade ‘Idyllic’ is highly pigmented and thus I do not require lots of product to show up on my eyes. People have compared mac paint pots with Maybelline eye tattoos. I feel mac paint pots are highly pigmented with very soft and easy to blend texture, whereas Maybelline ones are sheer to buildable shades with gritty shimmers and may get cakey while layering on the product. I liked Mac paint pots much more than the Maybelline eye tattoo ones both shade wise and qualitywise. (Not pricewise though ) Idyllic has high staying power, it stays up on my eyes for 7 to 8 hours with minimal creasing.
What I liked about Mac Paint Pot ‘Idyllic’?
- -Paint pots come in wide variety of shades and finish.
- -These can be used as cream eye shadows and also as an eye shadow base.
- -Powdery eye shadows adhere to the lid properly over paint pots.
- -Paint pots blend effortlessly on eyes without giving cakey or stretchy feeling.
- These are highly pigmented and thus one layer is enough, additional layering is not required.
- -Very high staying power.
- -Quantity provided is good enough.
- -Idyllic is a gorgeous copper burgundy brown shade.
- -Suitable for Indian skin tones, especially for brides it’s a must have shade.
- -Can be used with fingers and also with a flat eye shadow brush.
What I did not like about Mac Paint Pot ‘Idyllic’?
- -They have the tendency to dry up fast and its difficult to use 5 grams of product quickly.
- -These are damn pricy, 1350 bucks is tad too much for this product.
- -There are very few Mac stores in India.
- -They can get cakey if you apply more layers.
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 5 out of 5
- Staying Power: 4.5 out of 5
- Price vs Quality: 4 out of 5
- Availability: 3.5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Yes for sure but in different shades.
My Overall Recommendation: Mac paint pot ‘Idyllic’ is a limited shade from Mac posh paradise collection. Its a mind blowing gorgeous copper brown shade with burgundy hints. Its highly pigmented and blends effortlessly on my eyelids. It has subtle minute shimmer that gives a soft sheen to the color, it does not get cakey on my eyes. Its staying power is 7-8 hours with minimal creasing. Overall a superb shade for Indian tones especially for brides I think it’s a must have shade.
More MAC Paint Pots which you might like reading
MAC Paint Pot Indianwood
Have you tried MAC Paint pot Idyllic ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Will Burgundy Hair Suit Me?
- Nivea Lait Crème Nourissant Review
- NYX Lip liner Pencil 852 Pumpkin Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Trax Review & Swatch
- Wise She & Auravedic Valentines Giveaway Winner
- L’oreal Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer Review
- Best Colored Contacts For Brown Eyes
- MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Macroviolet Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Think Skin Aloe Vera and Shea Butter Body Lotion Review
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub Review
- Lord & Berry Eyeliner in Black/Brown Review & Swatches