Revlon Colorstay Suede lipstick are still to be launched in India but as I saw pictures of these on Revlon facebook page recently, I guess they will soon be launched here.
There is no denying the fact that we all love Revlon and I am some one who likes to try every new launch by them especially lipstick.So I ordered a few from abroad for myself and when used I didn’t find myself falling for them.I then read few reviews of the lipstick wondering if it’s just me or others also faced the similar issues with the lipstick. Somehow the product didn’t work for me at all, no matter how alluring it looked in the tube.
My initial thought was that I got an old or expired product for myself but after reading a few reviews, I am convinced that Revlon colorstay ultimate suede lipstick is not a good product from the company itself.
About Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick It Girl:-
Is your lipstick giving you both moisture and wear? This velvety soft formula with moisturizing shea butter and aloe is food proof and doesn’t quit. 20 Shades. Apply once and go
– Instant Moisture
– All-day Color
– Shea butter, Aloe
– Soft suede finish
– Available in 20 shades
- Price –$7.99 for 0.09 oz/ 2.55 g (Not sure about the Indian price as it’s still waiting to be launched)
- Packaging – It comes in a sleek nice and compact packaging . Packaging is divided into two parts where the bottom part is similar to the lipstick shade where as the cover of the lipstick is transparent.It has a twist cap which makes a sound when you twist it up so one gets to know that it ‘s locked.
Shade in the tube looks quite bright and dark but the color pay off is sheer .It’s less sheer then their lip butter.
My experience with Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:-
When first applied it went on smooth and glides beautifully. Shade was sheer and didn’t cover the pigmentation so I had to glide it 2-3 times to build on the pigmentation. Texture of the lipstick is more or less like a lip balm which gives a bit of a natural sheen. It’s not creamy neither firm like matte. Also to get the even application, one needs to use their finger to spread it out. I wished that the colour could have been a little better.
What disgusted me was that after an hour or so the lipstick started to set or crack up and the shine evaporated and looked matte. It then started feeling sticky too.. Something like you have horrible chapped lips and you have put lipstick on it.
My lips gave a thirsty feeling. As my lips are pretty adjusting and I don’t have issues with matte, creamy or any kind of lipstick, I still thought of using a lip balm under neath and try it again. With the balm it’s still much much better than what I experienced before, but after 2-3 hours it starts to wear out . The lipstick is not transferable probably because it dries out.
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick It Girl Finger Swatches:-
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick It Girl Swatches
It’s a sheer coral shade which initially comes out glossy and then transfer itself into matte.
This is how the shade looks on me after using a lip primer and gliding it some five times.I have pigmented lips therefore it was mandatory for me.
What I like about Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick It Girl:-
- I have another shade in this range which I am going to review little later.As the shade is pigmented and gives even application it looks much better .After half an hour or so it turns dry matte.Also , that shade too feel sticky but not as bad as the one which I am wearing in the above pic.
- Pigmentation can be built up
- Darker shade in the range has better staying power of 5-6 hours.
- Lipstick glides on smoothly.
What I do not like about Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick It Girl:-
- It will accentuate those lines also which you had never even seen before with any of the lipstick on ..lolz
- Product dries down and then starts setting in.
- Won’t work with pigmented lips.
- Usually lipstick smell doesn’t disgust me but this one had funny (?) fragrance which I hated
- It does last 5-6 hours but starts wearing out
So all in all this lipstick didn’t work for me.I won’t shy away in saying that I did try hard to at least do justice to the $8 which i spent.
P.S – As you all must be knowing we are selling original UD palette 1 and Sonakshi was our second customer. She was so happy to see the palette that she sent the picture with all other MAC stuff..
this palette is so pretty and sassssy!!!!
so pigmented n smokey!!
thankx a lott!!!!!!!!
n my new list of wants is comming ur way
Have you tried Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick It Girl ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Pregnancy Skin Care Routine – Suggestions
- Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Blusher Rose Kiss Review
- Casual OOTD
- Selling New Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 In India
- Loofah For Sensitive Skin – Suggestions
- Meilin Glam Shine Eyeliner 20-Romance Review,Swatches & EOTD
- MAC Glamourdaze Eyeshadow in Evening Grey Review & Swatches