About Clean & Clear Morning Energy Purifying Apple Face Wash:-
Purify your oily skin with this gentle face wash which has Bursting Beads that burst with energy and purifying apple extract. Gives you a burst of morning energy anytime of the day. The rich foam thoroughly removes oil and dirt. It has special ingredients that help prevent common skin problems without over drying. Leaves skin feeling clean, clear and beautiful everyday.
- Energizing lemon – energizes tired looking skin (review here )
- Brightening Berry – brightens dull skin
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Salycylic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Actindia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Juice, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Juice, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Juice, Trideceth-9, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Chromium Oxide Greens, Blue 1, Yellow 10, Red 33.
- Directions: Apply a small amount on wet palm and work into rich lather. Gently massage onto face, avoiding eye area. Rinse off thoroughly. Use twice daily for skin that’s clean, clear and beautiful.
- Packaging:I love these mini bottles that Johnson&Johnson makes! I bought the tiny 50 ml bottle that is sturdy, compact and is the perfect size for travel. The bottle is made of clear plastic through which you can see the green “bursting beads”, making this looks super attractive. It has a purple flip-top cap that shuts fairly tight. I’ve travelled with this a number of times and have had no leakage issues but I do make sure the bottle is upright. If you’re planning to dump this in your handbag, you may want to place it in a plastic bag, just in case the flip-top pops open. The nozzle is of the right size and the bottle packaging makes it easy to control the flow of product.
Fragrance:-One word: Yummm! I lurrrve apple juice and almost every time I use this I get cravings It sure does smell of apples…the perky, fruity kind, but is not cloying enough to irritate sensitive noses. Even if you’re not a fan of fruity fragrances, you may like how fresh and clean the scent is. Or maybe I’m just biased
Color & Consistency:The face wash is transparent with green, floating beads that claim to be “bursting beads” Well…they don’t burst and I tried squishing them (since this is where all the apple-goodness probably lies) but found them to be quite indestructible. It takes a lot of effort to flatten them and if you let them be, they form as mild exfoliating particles. Don’t expect exfoliation in every wash since the beads are quite sparsely scattered and you may land up with one or two in your palm, or none at all. Nevertheless, they’re a nice addition. The face wash is a bit runny in consistency and it is very thoughtful of the company to have packaged this is a bottle since a tube would spill out too much product and lead to wastage Also, thanks to the runny consistency, you get to use this face wash down to the very last drop since it does not adhere to the sides of the bottle the way thicker, gel face washes do.
What I like about Clean & Clear Morning Energy Purifying Apple Face Wash:-
- Hygienic, sturdy, attractive, easy-to-use packaging
- Consistency is easy to work with
- Lathers well without being too foamy
- Floating beads aid in mild exfoliation without being too abrasive
- Removes all traces of grease and grime
- Rinses off clean without leaving any residue or slippery feel
- Leaves skin feeling soft and clean
- Does not overly dry-out the skin (but doesn’t moisturize either)
- Does not sting or irritate skin
- Perfect for summers and humid weather conditions
- Smells yummily fruity since it contains juices of kiwis, oranges, grapefruit and apple
- I also love that the percentage of fruit extracts is high as compared to most other brands who list them at the very end of the ingredients list
- Contains Salicyclic acid and is thus great for acne-prone skin
- No Parabens
- Not only did it not break me out, it helped prevent breakouts (when used in conjunction with the right skin care, of course)
- Comes in two sizes (with the smaller size being very convenient for travel)
- Comes in 3 variants
- Very affordable
- Easily available
What I don’t like about Clean & Clear Morning Energy Purifying Apple Face Wash:-
- Beads are quite tough to crush (but that’s fine since the instructions on the bottle do not specify doing so)
- Can be a tad drying in winters. Not a major concern for those with very oily skin but just something to note for those with combination skin.
- Contains SLS
- Oddly, the smaller 50ml bottle does not contain the list of ingredients. That’s pretty weird, don’t you think? If they couldn’t fit it into the teeny bottle, they should have atleast included a peel-off sticker that reveals the list.
Clean & Clear undoubtedly makes some of the best budget face washes! This particular variant smells delicious, cleanses effectively, eliminates oil and helps keep skin clear and free from break-outs. If you have oily, acne-prone skin, you simply HAVE to try this! Those with combination skin will love it during summers. It goes without saying that this has not been created keeping dry skin in mind but dry-skinned folks can use it in summers and follow-up with a good moisturizer. As for me, I usually don’t repurchase the same cleanser (except for maybe Cetaphil) since I love trying out new stuff. But this one surely goes into my re-purchase list and I can’t wait to get another one!
You may also like to read:
- Clean and Clear Deep Action Oil Control Face Wash Review
- Clean And Clear Fairness Cream Review India
- Review Clean And Clear Blackheads Removing Scrub
- 10 Best Affordable Face Wash Reviews
- SebaMed Clear Face Cleansing Foam Review
- Saslic DS Foaming Face Wash Review
- AHAGLOW Skin Rejuvenating Face Wash Gel Review