I received Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser in my January Vellvette Box. I normally do not buy expensive cleansers or face wash as I feel even a cheaper brand like Himalaya does the job just fine! But since I had it with me, I decided to try it out.
Clinique follows a 3 step system(Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise) CTM and the Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser belongs to range of products made for combination-oily skin which is no 3. The cleanser is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free.
The Cleanser is available in two sizes – the full size one at Rs 1450 for 150 ml and a travel size of 30 mil that is not sold individually but is part of a travel kit priced at Rs 1850 consisting of cleaner, toner and moisturizer. These kits are available as 1, 2, 3 and 4 where No 1 is for Dry skin and no 4 for oily skin. The cleaner is part of No 3 which is for combination oily skin.
My experience with Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser:-
I started using it immediately when I was in Mumbai in as it’s a mousse, creamy cleanser that I thought was best used in winter.
The cleanser has a mousse consistency and is pale pink in colour. You need just a little bit for the face and neck. It doesn’t really foam much but it cleanses really well. After rinsing off the face did not feel tight and dry at all and felt wonderful and soft. I used it for 3-4 days and then it was time for me to get back to Pune and I continued to use it there – which is a whole new story.
In Pune, which does not have a humid climate like Mumbai, my face felt tight and dry after using this cleanser. I had to use a heavy moisturiser after washing my face. I persisted for over a week and then I just had tostop using it and go back to my Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser.
The full size product is priced at Rs 1450 which is quite pricey for a cleanser. But the quality is massive at 150 ml and is likely to last a long time.
For those who don’t want to shell out so much for just a cleanser, the Clinique system is also available in a travel size at Clinique counters i.e. the same size as the tube of cleanser that I have. This is priced at Rs 1850 for face wash, toner and moisturizer and would probably last a little over a month.
What I liked about Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser:-
- Ideal for use in a more humid climate
- Makes skin squeaky clean
- Mousse consistency
- Only a tiny amount needed for face and neck
What I did not like about Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser:-
- Does not work for dry climate at all
- Strips moisture from skin in dry climate
I have mixed feelings about this product. I doubt I would purchase a full size for so much money when I could get a good quality foundation or primer for the same amount.
Have you tried Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser?
You might like reading these also:-
- Eye Makeup With Two Colors – Step By Step
- Nova 2 in 1 Professional Hair Straightener Curling Iron Suggestions
- MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown: Review & Swatches
- Lotus Herbals Nutraglow Daily Tinted Moisturiser (SPF 25) Fresh Ivory & Hazelnut Star
- MAC Viva Glam 1 Lipstick Review and How to Wear The Classic Red In 3 Different Ways
- Sleek Twist Up Lip Liner Chestnut Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Best Makeup Kit Suggestions
- Wise She In Cosmopolitan Magazine Again
- Aura Vedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask Review