About Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner Pencils:-
Give your eyelids a touch of metal. These water resistant metallic hues come infused in a creamy dollop of color to create an incredible shimmer and shine. It’s also enriched with Vitamin E to keeps lids soft and smooth.
Lasts for up to 8 hours
Super long wear
One-way twist up
Available in 7 shades
- Quantity: 0.28 gms
- Price: INR 410.You can buy from here
The liner comes in a glossy, black, plastic casing with a color indicator at the base of the lid. For instance, if you’ve picked the green shade from this range, the base of your cap would have a green band. This makes it easy to locate if you store your pencils in a tray. But if you’re using to storing them vertically in a cup, then you’ll have a bit of trouble locating this. The lid does not close with a click but shuts tightly enough and will not pop off in your bag. There’s no mention of ingredients or mfg date, but the expiry date is printed right onto the body of the pencil which I find very thoughtful…no ugly, white stickers that can be tampered with. There’s no outer carton and the pencil comes sealed in clear plastic.
My experience with Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner Pencil In Blacklast:-
I was at the Lakme counter to buy the Eyeconic Kajal when the SA swatched this on my hand next to Eyeconic. I was blown away by how incredibly creamy, smooth and pigmented this was and brought this home instead. I used this on my upper lashline and waterline and ohmygod it looked stunning!! The velvet finish was amazing and my mom commented that my eyes have never looked this good. If you’re wondering what’s velvet finish, it’s sultry, matte, black that appears textured…almost 3D like (refer swatch shown). The liner was so creamy that I thought it would surely bleed. But to my surprise, once it sets, it does not budge. I tried rubbing it, but it remained intact and the color does not smudge even when it comes in contact with water.
So you’d think all is well with this product. Wrong!! After a while, my eyes started stinging…then burning…then tearing like crazy. It irritated my eyes so much that I thought it’d impair my vision! My eyes are quite sensitive and some eye shadows and eye pencils do tend to irritate my eyes. But this is perhaps the worst sensation ever. I have had a good experience with Lakme eye pencils and have used quite a few of them (including shimmery ones) on my waterline. In this case, I washed and rubbed and scrubbed but the irritation wouldn’t leave. I couldn’t sleep and spent 2 whole days in bed.
To know if this problem was exclusive to me I looked for reviews online. But this was a new launch at that time and there was just one brief review and the girl seemed to have had no issues. So my mother agreed to be my guinea pig (the things our dear moms do for us ) and she used this on just her waterline. Guess what….it irritated her eyes too! It was after this that I noticed that this cleverly says “dermatologically tested” and not “ophthalmologically tested” . Anyways, it doesn’t matter whoever tested this, but the least they could have done is put a warning on the product or atleast train their SAs to issue a warning not to use this on the waterline So that was that. I never used this after that day and it’s been lying around untouched. Yes, I can try restricting its use to just the upper lash line. But after what I went through, I’m plain terrified. I am now regretting the fact that more than 400 bucks has gone down the drain.
Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner Pencil In Blacklast Swatches:-
The line next to the colored box is just a single swipe. You can see how pigmented and creamy the liner is although the color is a bit more intense than what is seen here. I had a tough time trying to remove these swatches from my arm. No amount of water or soap would make them come off. So yes, this is indeed waterproof
What I like about Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner in Blacklast:-
- Sturdy, travel-friendly packaging
- Eyeliner is super creamy and glides like a dream. Absolutely no tugging required even on the driest of skin
- Insanely pigmented and delivers intense color in a single swipe
- Lovely velvet finish that looks sultry
- Once it sets, it does not bleed, smudge or flake
- Easily lasts for 6 hours or more
- Does not require sharpening
- Contains Vitamin E
- Expiry date is printed on the body of the pencil
- Comes in 7 stunning shades
- Easily available
What I don’t like about Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner in Blacklast:-
- Please DO NOT use this on the waterline EVER Stings like crazy!
- Difficult to draw a thin line because of the soft tip that gets blunt very fast
- Does not come off easily with soap and water and requires a creamy/oil-based cleanser to remove
- Non-retractable. Product can only be twisted up and will not go back inside
- Because of the above mentioned factor, there’s no way of finding out how much you’ve used up or how much is left
- No mention of ingredients
- Pricey for a drugstore brand
Notice how it says “Blind” at the end of the pencil?? I though maybe it would read “Warning! You’ll go Blind once you use this!” but it simply says “B.No. Stamped Blind”
This eyeliner is super creamy, highly pigmented and delivers good color pay-off in a single swipe. The result is intense black color with a velvet finish that stays put until removed. This looks stunning when worn heavily on both upper and lower lash line. Wearing this on the waterline was plain torture since it irritated my eyes very badly indeed. I’m pretty sure its loaded with silicones but I can’t guarantee this fact thanks to the missing ingredients list . Quite a shame since the quality and performance seems really good otherwise. If your eyes are quite resilient, I’d definitely recommend giving this a shot since this has all the makings of a wonderful eyeliner. If you’re a contact-lens wearer or have very sensitive eyes, well…you know the answer.
Also checkout the best eyeliner video
You may also like to read these
- 15 Black Eye Liner/Kohl Reviews
- Coloressence Eye pencil in Dark Green: Review, Swatches
- Oriflame Beauty Smooth Definer Eye Pencil in Brown: Review and Swatches
- 7 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Photos & Swatches
- Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil Review & Nine Swatches
- Chambor Dazzle Smooth Eye Pencil 105 Purple Dazzle Review & Swatches
- Lotus Hypnoica Eyeliner Pencil Review Black,Sapphire & Glitzy Brown
- 6 Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencils Swatches and Review
- Pupa Milano Multiplay Triple purpose Eye pencil Review