I had a credit note at MAC so I decided to get an eyeshadow refill. These days I am totally loving neutral shades and and am concentrating more on blushes(ZEE,u r responsible for this)and although I have more than enough browns and golds ,I just couldnt resist picking this shade up when I swatched it.I loved the colour and brought it home with me.
The colour : MAC describes Antiqued as ash brown with bronze.I somehow dont think this description is accurate as there is nothing ashy about this shade and infact it is a brown with strong red undertones making it a perfect colour for Indian skin and especially when paired with Indian wear.
The texture: Antiqued is Veluxe pearl finish ,in short this my fav texture as the eyeshadow glides like butter and blends like a dream leaving a pearly finish.MAC expensive pink is another shadow that comes to mind when we talk of this finish.
The pigmentation: I really like the pigmentation.. its good but not insanely pigmented meaning its easier to work with rather than blending all the time.. this eyeshadow seamlessly blends into other eyeshadows giving you a gorgeous result for not too much work.
The staying power: Like most MAC eye shadows .the staying power is very very good.This stays on my my lids for abt 6-7 hrs.I would recommend to use this eyeshadow over a gold or bronze base like MAC Indianwood or Maybelline bold gold/bad to the bronze to bring out the full effect of this shade.
Antiqued is a classic MAC eyeshadow which will work across majority of skintones. Its a versatile shade that can be worn day or night and blends seamlessly into other eyeshadows.Its a good brown eyeshadow to have in your stash and if you like neutrals. This will be a very good choice
What I like about MAC Antiqued Eyeshadow:
- Nice neutral shade which will work across a range of skintones
- Lovely finish and texture
- Good pigmentation
- Good staying power
What I don’t like about MAC Antiqued Eyeshadow:
- MAC is not easily available in India except for in major cities
Have you tried MAC Antiqued Eyeshadow?
You might like reading these:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe – Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow