If you’ve seen my haul here then you must have seen that I picked up 3 blushes on my last trip to MAC Stubborn, Tea Petal and Melba. Melba is a shade I’d wanted for long but always thought it was too similar to Peaches and hence gave it a miss. But on my last trip, Richard (my favourite-est MUA) asked me to try it out and showed me the difference between both shades. And what more assurance could a blush lover need right? I jumped for it .
My take on the MAC Blush in Melba:
- Color: The blush is described on the site as a Soft Coral Peach. On my skin though its more peachy than coral which is where I see the diff between this and MAC Peaches. Peaches looks more Coral on me where as this is more of a Peach with a hint of Coral.
- Price: INR 1350 for the full pan and INE 1150 for the refill
- Quantity: 6g
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is a matte finish blush and you can apply it lightly or heavily as desired. When I swatch it on my fingers, it looks a bit chalky but it doesn’t look the least bit chalky on my skin.
- Staying Power: Depending on how much you apply, this blush stays for about 4hrs to 7hrs. I say this because I usually like to apply this lightly to give a more naturally peachy and glowy look to work.
MAC Melba is hand down the easiest blush to wear! It’s not dark enough to stain your cheeks and make you wonder how the heck you’re gone blend this blob of color, nor is it the kinds which makes you peer into the mirror hunting for where your blush went just minutes after application.
This is a color which would suit fairer skin tones best. On medium skin tones, this would look genuinely more coral than peach and on skintones above NC 45 or so, it would require a lot of work to show up I feel.
My skin has been going through some issues lately which is why I’ve been avoiding to put up pics of myself in my reviews. My skin has gone through breakouts and now is kinda dull looking. So whenever I want to flaunt my skin in its former glory, this blush is all I need. If you see the below sliver of a pic where I’m wearing this blush, you’ll notice that although the color is subtle and hardly discernible, it still manages to make my skin look naturally brighter and makes my cheeks look like it has some color in them instead of looking sallow and dull…
I quite like how this looks on me..This is one Coral which most of us would love…especially those of you who are blush-shy..
What I like about MAC Blush in Melba:
- Another coral blush which most of use would love
- Can be built up as you desire
- Easily blendable
- Helps brighten up your face
- Even though its a matte finish blush, its not dry looking or as chalky looking as the swatch. It blends easily and disperses the right amount of color.
- Would suit lighter skintones better.
What I don’t like about MAC Blush in Melba:
- None at all. I’d normally say the price but then I don’t think I should state that anymore since well..it’s MAC and the prices just ain’t ever gonna budge…
You may also like reading:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe – Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow