Like most of my blushes, this too has an interesting story. I had bought MAC Frankly Scarlett Blush last year and loved it to bits..It’s one of my few ‘daring blushes’ and I found t to be a refreshing change from my usual pinks.
Thats what made me go on my hunt for unusual blush shades like Illamasqua Thrust, Kryolan R6 blush, NARS Torrid, etc…Next on my radar was MAC Fever..I wanted to see how I could make it look good on my skintone …especially since the shade usually makes me look bruised to the core despite looking so pretty…. So I walked into the store and while I was testing out the wear for MAC Posey, decided to check out Fever…
The minute I swatched it, my eyes connected with this sexy blush aptly named Stubborn. I swatched it and realised it was waay mor eup my alley than Fever and picked it up without a second thought
My take on the MAC Prolongwear Blush in Stubborn:-
- Color: The blush is described as a matte raspberry pink. In a lot of ways, it reminds me of a matte version of MAC Gleeful which is a mineralize blush reviewed here.
- Price: INR 1600
- Quantity: 6g
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is extremely pigmented and one needs to use a light hand with this. It’s soft and has an almost creamy texture.
- Staying Power: This blush stays for about 8-9hrs easily.
I like to wear crazy shades sometimes which are more out of the box for me. Where first I used to be dead scared of such colors, now they attract me like a bee to honey! I remember in my haul post when I showed this blush, someone happened to mention that it was a little hard to blend and need to be worked on fast. So I went home and tried it out again to observe. I agree with her that it has an almost staining effect on the skin although I found it easy to blend…
MAC Prolongwear Blush In Stubborn Finger Swatches:-
The raspberry tone is very deep and has to be used with a light hand otherwise you could end up looking cartoonish. Wrt which skintone this would suit, I’d say this is one of those shades which anyone would love regardless of the skintone…Those with lighter skintones would need to be more careful with how much you use though.
Here’s a pic of me wearing it. This pic was taken after 3hrs of wearing it and believe me when I say it looks exactly the way it did when I first applied it..
What I like about MAC Prolongwear Blush in Stubborn:-
- The shade is absolutely delicious!
- Will suit all skintones
- Really does stay on longer
- No shimmer but has more of a sheen which looks beautiful
- Easy to blend
- After blending, it looks like more of a stain which is quite the change from regular blushes I’ve used.
What I don’t like about MAC Prolongwear Blush in Stubborn:-
- Pricier than normal MAC blushes
More MAC Blushes Temptation below:-
Have you tried MAC Prolong wear Blush In Stubborn?
You may also like reading:
- Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush Review
- My Top 5 winter Must Haves
- Mac Matte Powder Blush in ‘Coppertone’ Review & Swatches
- Marks & Spencer Fig & Orange Oil Hand Cream Review
- Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti Shadow Eye Care Review
- Vellvette Box January 2013
- Introducing Estee Lauder Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
- Empties – Jan 2013
- Lead Free Lipsticks India – Suggestions
- Silk Naturals Kiss Cleanser Review -Cleanser For Sensitive Skin