The minute I read the press release for the Face & Body collection posted here, I knew I had to get my hands on this. I contour every single day and am always on the hunt of new contouring products. I remember starting from the Smashbox Contouring Palette with which I learnt what contouring was all about. Then I moved on to other products like Benefit Hoola, MAC Contouring Compact, Sleek Face Form, etc. Since we didn’t have any cream contouring products in India, I missed out on that but not anymore!! The minute I saw this collection, I grabbed this contouring shade in Copper Beech along with the highlighting shade in Naturally Defined reviewed a few days earlier.
My take on the MAC ProSculpting Cream in Copper Beech:
- Color: This sculpting cream is a mud brown shade with a tiny olive undertone. They also had a cream with a deeper olive tone and another one which was quite light. I chose this for my NC 25-30 skintone. I have pink undertones and hence didn’t want to get a cream which would look to olive-y on my skin.
- Price: INR 1350
- Quantity: 6g
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is super creamy and very easy to blend..Believe me when I say it will hardly take you any time. Like the Naturally Defined cream, this too takes a while to set.
- Staying Power: This stays on my skin for about 7hrs or so.
I’ve been using this for about a month now and would say that this makes for very natural looking contours. I use a flat foundation brush to draw lines in the required areas like the hollow of the cheeks, the sides of the nose and forehead, my jaw line and then blend, blend blend with my Sigma F80…And believe it or not, the entire process takes lesser time (or same time depending on your speed) than using powders to contour and highlight.
Like I mentioned in the review for Naturally Defined, this is ideal to create the Kim Kardashian look.
Here’s a small snippet of how I use it to contour my nose…Pls forgive the goosebumps on my nose They do look like whiteheads, but are actually goosebumps covered with the highlighting shade I guess I took too much of a close up eh?
What I like about MAC ProSculpting Cream in Copper Beech:-
- The shade is perfect for my skintone..not to dark nor too light.
- Easy to blend
- Looks more natural than a powder contour.
- Moisturizes the skin as well
- Dry skinned beauties would luv this!
What I don’t like about MAC ProSculpting Cream in Copper Beech:-
- Takes a while to set.
You may also like reading:
- Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush Review
- My Top 5 winter Must Haves
- Mac Matte Powder Blush in ‘Coppertone’ Review & Swatches
- Marks & Spencer Fig & Orange Oil Hand Cream Review
- Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti Shadow Eye Care Review
- Vellvette Box January 2013
- Introducing Estee Lauder Perfectionist Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
- Empties – Jan 2013
- Lead Free Lipsticks India – Suggestions
- Silk Naturals Kiss Cleanser Review -Cleanser For Sensitive Skin