I first read about this product in the press release for the Face & Body collection posted here. I’m a huge Contouring fan and always try to get my hands on any product to help me with it…it’s an obsession!!!! I’ve tried Benefit Hoola, MAC Contouring Compact, Sleek Face Form, Smashbox Contouring Palette, etc but was always fascinated by the concept of cream contouring. I’d seen it a ton of times on Youtube but since it wasn’t available in India and I had no idea how to choose shades, I never even thought of purchasing a cream contouring product online.
Contouring as most people seem to think is not just about creating shadows in the areas you feel should be recessed on the face, but it’s also about highlighting certain areas to brighten the face. To this end, I picked out Naturally Defined which is perfect for highlighting while contouring.
My take on the MAC ProSculpting Cream in Naturally Defined:
- Color: The cream is a pale cream color with peach undertones. It has the slightest hint of yellow but not too much which is why it suits me well. Products with a strong yellow undertone don’t tend to suit my NC25-30 skintone. But for those of you who prefer it, they do have a variant with stronger yellow undertones…So, there’s something for everyone
- Price: INR 1350
- Quantity: 6g
- Pigmentation & Texture: This is really, really creamy and well pigmented…Creamy means its really easy to blend. But this also means that it takes a tiny bit longer to set than I expected. I need to wait typically about 4-5mins before setting it with a powder.
- Staying Power: This stays on my skin for about 5-6hrs in the winters but due to its super creamy nature I have a feeling it may melt a bit sooner during summers.
I don’t think this is a must…If you have a highlighter you’ve been using and like, then you can stick to it. But if you’re a contouring fanatic like I am and like experimenting, then this is a must have for you. I can’t even begin to explain how different cream contouring is…It looks scary, it looks like a mess in the beginning when you’re drawing brown and cream stripes on your face….But once you blend it all, it comes together so beautifully…It looks soo natural..Worth a try..And what’s more, this even conceals well..So for traveling purposes this is quite functional.
For those of you who are a fan of the Kim Kardashian contouring & highlighting trick, look no further..this will help you achieve that look and so easily at that!
How to use it you ask? Let me tell you how I use it..I use my fingers or an old foundation brush to apply this in the right areas of the face. i.e. the bridge of my nose, the high points of my cheeks (also in a triangular shape) , the center of my forehead…and then blend using my Sigma to blend. Mind you, I also have the darker shade on my face at the same time when I do this. I use a brush but for those of you who can get your hands on a Beauty Blender, this would be perfect to blend flawlessly.
What I like about MAC ProSculpting Cream in Naturally Defined:
- Perfect for highlighting
- Will help you achieve that Kim Kardashian look
- Easy to apply
- Will not dry out your skin
- Will suit dry skin best
- This shade would those who prefer a more pink.beige undertone…but for those who need a more yellow undertone, there is a variant to suit your skin as well.
What I don’t like about MAC ProSculpting Cream in Naturally Defined:
- Takes a while to set which can be irritating if you’re in a hurry.
- Don’t know how well it would work on oily skin
You may also like reading:
- MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow: Review, Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Sketch Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow in Moleskin: Review & Swatches
- 11 MAC Eyeshadows For Brown Eyes
- 5 Ways To Use MAC Espresso Eyeshadow & MAC Espresso Swatches
- MAC Mythical Eyeshadow Review, Swatch & EOTD (Tutotrial)
- MAC Sumptuous Olive Eyeshadow Dupe – Inglot Pearl 433 Eyeshadow