Come summer and we all start gravitating towards fresh colours for our makeup. Think,blue,greens pinks etc.But for Indian skin tones blue is more of a hit or miss… too light and it looks ashy ,too dark and you risk looking like a clown.But as always MAC has the answer… MAC Tilt eyeshadow is a complex colour which suits Indian skin tones better than Freshwater or Electric eel.Its a mermaid like colour… a mix of violet with blue-green duo chrome. Have I got your attention now?Il bet.. read on to know what I feel about this colour.
- Price: Rs.900 for pan/ Rs.720 for refill(I have the refill)
- The color: MAC describes Tilt as violet with blue -green pearl.This is a duo chrome eyeshadow meaning it will look different from various angles and also nuances of the colors can be brought out by layering the shade on different bases.The finish is a frost finish eyeshadow,but its anything but frosty on me.It imparts a gorgeous sheen to the eyes .This is shade that will look lovely when used as a lid color with a darker color in the outer V .
- The texture: Its incredibly smooth and easy to blend.even when layered on a cream base like Color tattoo or Paint pot,it glides on smoothy and blends easily .
- The pigmentation: The pigmentation is good but not great..For darker eyelids two swipes will be required for the actual color to show up . However the good part is, if you are shy of wearing colors,one swipe will give the right wash of color without looking too bright
- Staying power: The staying power of this eyeshadow is good .Without primer it stays put for about 5 hrs and then begins to fade but with primer, I am good to go for at least 8-9 hrs.
MAC Tilt Eyeshadow Swatches
Mac tilt is a different color from all the blues we have out there.It may look like an ordinary sky blue in the pan,but when swatched,The various nuances of the color stand out and will work on most skin tones.The best part of about duo chrome eyeshadow is that different color effects can be achieved by layering on lighter or dark base.It is not a must have color ,but definitely a good pick if you like blues and greens.
What I like about MAC Tilt Eyeshadow:-
- Duo chrome shade which looks different in different lights
- Good blue shade for beginners
- Will work across a variety of skin tones
- Good staying power.
- works well with greens and darker colors like navy blue or black
- A great summer shade
What I don’t like about MAC Tilt Eyeshadow:-
- Pigmentation could be better
- Availability is problem as there are few MAC stores in India
Have you tried MAC Tilt Eyeshadow ?
More MAC Eyeshadows For You here