I saw this eyeliner with a smudger at its back and thought of trying it out. More than the eyeliner it was Neutrogena which attracted me. Have been using Neutrogena skin care products since long time and they have been impressive throughout. So I thought why not check out their eyeliner this time.
Sadly this eyeliner is not available in India but I hope Neutrogena comes with their makeup range soon.We are desperately looking for more drugstore brands here.
Let’s see what Neutrogena claims and other things for those who are interested in buying the product.
- Price: $7 for 0.01 Oz
- Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Silica Silylate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Glucone, Water. May also contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine (1376-30).
- Shades Available –Brushed Pewter , Cosmic Black, Spiced Chocolate, Twilight Blue, Brown Sugar
About Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner:-
- Packaging – It’s a grey coloured pen which has a twist up eyeliner at one end and smudger as well a sharpener on the other end. It has a transparent plastic cap and one can see the shade blue inside the eyeliner which makes it easy to identify the shade. Packaging though is not bad but quality of the plastic is not that great. It can break down any time .
Eyeliner glides smoothly and doesn’t irritate my eyes. It has a creamy texture and lasts 8-9 hrs easily. It glides onto the eyes without tugging and delivers pigmented colour. Drawback here is that it’s not much visible on my water line. Smudger works well and doesn’t hurt and I didn’t experience any kind of problem with it although I won’t say it’s a quality smudger. It’s just average. Sharpener works well but I am sorry I forget to click its picture. It’s behind the smudger.
Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner twilight blue swatches:-
It’s a creamy navy blue which has beautiful silver shimmer in it. On the left I have swiped it 2-3 times where as on the right I have smudged it with the help of the smudger.
Here is how I created the look with this smudger and black gel eyeliner. Although those who are into makeup must be knowing it but there are a few newbies around here as well.
- Step1 – Prime my eyes with UD Primer.
- Step2 – Applied the blue eyeliner on the upper as well as lower lashline and smudged with the Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner.
- Step3 – Winged eyeliner with Maybelline Gel eyeliner
- Step4 – Curled my lashes and applied lots of mascara.
Summing it up.
Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner is a creamy, long staying eyeliner with a smudger and a sharpener in it. It won’t show on waterline but goes smooth on upper and lower lashline. It gets removed nicely and will suit sensitive eyes.
Packaging is not sturdy and the biggest drawback is that the lead keeps on breaking a bit after every use.Also, smudger could have been little better than what it is.
Wise She Rating – 3/5
- Packaging – 2.5/5
- Pigmentation – 4/5
- Staying Power – 4/5
Have you tried Neutrogena nourishing eyeliner ?
You might like reading these also:-
- Revlon PhotoReady Powder & Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
- Revlon PhotoReady Compact Makeup Photos & Swatches
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer Photos & Swatches
- Revlon Launches PhotoReady Collection
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Va Va Va Bloom Review
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Pink Velvet Review & Swatches
- Revlon Age Defying Spa Face Illuminator Review
- Revlonâ€™s Global Artist Director Creates a Fresh Modern Look
- How To Use Revlon Touch & Glow Foundation & Revlon Touch and Glow Pressed Powder
- 8 Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Swatches