About Revlon Just Bitten kissable Balm Stain :-
It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lip stain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
(I don’t think all the 12 shades have been released in India. The shade that I wanted the most was “Charm” but it has not been launched here )
- Quantity: 2.7 gms
- Price: INR 600
Packaging:-As Revlon claims, this looks like a chubby crayon. It has a sturdy plastic body with an equally sturdy cap that (kinda) matches the shade inside. The cap won’t pop off in your bag and hence this is very portable, easy to use, easy to locate in your stash and looks adorable. Since the product can be twisted up there is no sharpening required and hence no wastage. The only glitch is that the product cannot be twisted back inside completely and a good portion of the tip remains exposed. So you have to be extra careful while replacing the cap to avoid nicking the bullet and distorting its shape.
Honey Douce looks like a true mauve when you look at the bullet and appears pinkish nude when swatched. It has teeny tiny flecks of shimmer that is completely undetectable. The barely-there shimmer lends the shade a lovely sheen that does not in any way look frosty or pearly. Most pinks end up looking neon on me which is why I picked this shade hoping it’d appear more nude brown and less pink. But on my lips, the color looks strawberry pink with a hint of mauve and the stain it leaves behind it leans towards raspberry pink (if layered heavily). I was quite surprised since I was expecting this to be a nude judging by the color of the packaging. Nevertheless, it brightens up my face since the tone of pink is fresh, without looking too bright or too muted.
- Fragrance:–This has a fresh, peppermint fragrance and smells exactly like Polo (the mint).
- Pigmentation: This has very good color pay off for being a balm and gives sheer to medium coverage. It will not completely hide lip discoloration.
- Texture & Feel: This is non-sticky, super smooth to apply and it glides on the lips without tugging. Lips start to tingle a bit soon after application and it gives a very fresh feel…like you just brushed your teeth. But I did not experience this every single time. The tingly feeling was more detectable in the evenings or when applied on freshly exfoliated lips. So it depends on how sensitive your lips are.
- Finish& Staying power: The color looks creamy and glossy soon after application. The glossiness fades after an hour or so and leaves behind a muted, berry-tinted, matte stain that stays put through drinks and meals. The stain lasted a good 4 hours or so. I’d even say 5 hours. The only issue was that it began to fade a bit unevenly. You know how when you bite your lips, the blood rushes to just certain spots where your teeth touched? Well…it kinda looks like that. So yeah, it lives up to the name “just bitten”
- Removal:This stains so well that I was afraid it was never going to come off! U surely cannot remove this by simply rubbing with a tissue but it does come off easily with a cleanser or just soap and water.
In the LOTD, the pic on left shows the balm freshly applied and the pic on the left shows the stain it leaves behind. Please note that the actual shade is atleast two tones deeper or darker than what is seen here.
What I like about Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey:-
- Adorable packaging that resembles a jumbo crayon
- Easy to use and travel-friendly
- Packaging corresponds (in some way) to the shade inside making this easy to locate without having to pop the lid off
- Retractable and hence does not require sharpening
- Pretty, muted, pink shade with a hint of mauve that will suit just about anybody
- Will make a good MLBB shade for those with medium to dusky skin and is also a nice office-wear shade
- Those who have pale lips will find this to show up as a fresh pink that instantly brightens up the face without looking OTT
- Has a minty fragrance and feels tingly when applied
- Moisturizes well without being greasy or sticky
- Very nicely pigmented for a balm and provide upto medium coverage when layered
- Has a glossy finish initially and then leaves behind a stain that stays put through drinks and snacks
- Stain lasts for about 5 hours and requires lesser touch-ups when compared to most lip products
- Is not overly creamy and does not melt away. The shape of the bullet remains unchanged even after repeated uses.
- Color does not bleed or smudge and does not accentuate fine lines
- Can be removed easily with a cleanser
- Complete list of ingredients is given on the lid (peel the white sticker to reveal the list)
- Quantity may appear less but since this doesn’t melt fast, gives good color pay off in a single swipe and does not require frequent touch-ups, 2.7 gms is actually not bad at all
What I don’t like about Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey:-
- Since this stains, the color will look different on different people depending upon your skin tone and lip pigmentation. So you cannot really judge just by just looking at the bullet and may want to try it on and see for yourself
- Although it is hydrating, this is not for those looking for a “balm” to repair very dry, chapped lips
- Fades a bit unevenly especially if layered heavily. Not highly prominent with this shade but you may want to keep this in mind while going for darker shades from this range
- The tip cannot be twisted down completely and so you have be very careful while putting the lid back on
- Pricey and to make matters worse, it’s much cheaper abroad than in India
- My favorite shade “Charm” has not been launched here (although I can see the wisdom behind it)
Honey Douce is a lovely mauve-toned pink shade that is universally flattering and will look good anytime of the day. A must-try shade from this range The crayon-like packaging is uber-cute, easy to use even in the absence of a mirror and super sturdy. Some had hydrating issues with these, but although my lips are relatively dry, I find these very moisturizing. Not sure how these would fare in winters though. To get the best results out of this product, I would suggest applying this on freshly exfoliated lips. This way the stain is deeper, lasts longer, and lips are hardly ever devoid of color. Love these jumbo lip crayons!!
If you loved this, you may wanna check out Navneet’s review of the shade “Rendez-vous” here
You may also like to read:-
- Inglot Lip Pencil / Crayon #16 Review
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm Mega melon Review
- Revlon’s Just Bitten Lip Stain +Balm Passion Review and Swatches
- Maybelline Baby Lips Color Lip Balm Rose Addict Review
- Oriflame Very Me Lipmania Pink Kiss LipBalm Review
- Fab India Plum Passion Lip Butter Review
- Bourjois Lip Stain Pen in Praline: Swatches & Review
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer Reviews And Swatches
- Revlon Moisture Stay Lipstick Nutty Review & Swatches
- LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint Review, Photos & Swatches