I used to be a nail biter for years, so my nails are very weak – they break at the drop of a hat! So I was looking for something to strengthen them a little bit and the SA at my local Monoprix store recommended the Rimmel Double Duty Base Coat.
As you can see in the swatch, it’s just a clear nail paint. It does have a slight pinkish tint and a hint of shimmer though, that isn’t visible in these photos but gives a very polished look in real life. When used as a base, it doesn’t enhance the nail paint that is applied on top in any way, but it does prevent staining.
What I like about the Rimmel London Double Duty Base Coat:-
1. I love the polished look it gives when used as a nail paint
2. It prevents staining when used as a base coat
3. It lasts for upto 5 days on its own and when used as a base coat, it definitely helps the nail paint last longer
What I dislike about the Rimmel London Double Duty Base Coat:-
1. It has not really helped make my nails stronger – they still chip and break
2. It has a strong smell that lasts for a day or two (my husband hates it!)
So there are almost as many cons as pros, but I still love this base coat – it is perfect for every day wear and when worn under a nail paint, it does a decent job. If only it improved the condition of my damaged nails – that would make it the most perfect product ever!
Do you ladies use a nail strengthening product that actually works? Do let me know in the comments!
Have you tried Rimmel London Double Duty Base Coat ?
You might like reading these also:-
- L’Oreal Double Extend Waterproof Lash Fortifier & Extender Mascara, Black Review
- Forest Essentials Ayurvedic Herb Enriched Head Massage Oil Review
- MAC Lipstick in Syrup: Swatches & Review
- Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick Stay With Me Coral
- Nyx Long Pencil Eye LPE 09 VERT Review , Swatch & EOTD
- Quick OOTD Dinner Party
- Super Stay Party Look This Valentine With Maybelline Products
- How To Hide Open Pores
- Nyassa Salt Body Scrub and Body Scrub Oil – Under the ocean Review