I bought two variant of sleek lip liner to try out. One was the twist up liner and other one is these lip pencils. After being super impressed with the twist up lip liner, I had high expectations with these lip pencils as well but these are really sad lip liners. I even wonder why Sleek have them in their store. I won’t stretch the review and come straight to the point why the bare essential lip liner is such a bummer.
About Sleek Makeup Lip Pencils:-
Ultra-creamy matte formula pencils for long-lasting lip liner that complements your lips’ natural tone.
- Price – $2.49
- Packaging – It’s a usual lip pencil with the similar lead colour packaging and it sharpens well.
I must say that Bare essential is such a pretty neutral shade and covers pigmentation giving you beautiful matte lips.Problem lies in the texture.It’s extremely dry.I got these in winters and when tested them out I thought it might work in summer but it’s still dry .I use a lip balm underneath to make it work because I just love this particular shade.
If I don’t use a bit of lip balm it actually hurts my lip. I know ! It is this sad.
As far as pigmentation is concerned it is quite average. It would have actually been good if the texture was a bit creamy. I need to swipe the pencil 3-4 times to get this decent pigmentation .
Staying power is quite average. After 2-3 hours the lip shade starts wearing out due to dryness.
What I like about Sleek Makeup Lip Pnecil Bare Essential :-
- It’s reasonably priced even if I add shipping charges in it.
- There are quite many shades to choose from.
- Covers pigmentation
What I do not like about Sleek Makeup Lip Pencil Bare Essnetial :-
- Texture is just too dry
- Doesn’t glide smoothly
- Starts wearing out after few hours
Will I recommend it to others – Definitely not! You should opt for twist up liner instead which I am wearing in below FOTD. Check out the review here
Have you tried Sleek Makeup Lip Pencil Bare Essential?
You might like reading these also:-
- Maybelline ClearGlow BB Stick Shade 04 Fawn Review and Swatches
- My Weight Loss After Pregnancy +PCOS
- Aloe Veda Brahmi Hair and Scalp Vitaliser Review
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Rendezvous Review & Swatches
- MAC ProSculpting Cream in Naturally Defined: Review, Swatches
- My Experience At Berjaya Langkawi
- Shishedo Perfect UV Protector Review & Swatch
- MUA Liquid Eyeliner Shade 4 Review, Swatches & EOTD