A couple of weeks back I received my Sleek Haul. I ordered an eyeshadow palette, pigments and this pout paint
I was very, very Intrigues by the name and it piqued my interest.They also had shades of blue and some more colours which are meant to be mixed with other lipcolours,but as this was my first time i decided to go with a hot pink,which I can wear alone or layered.
About Sleek Pout Paint:
A truly unique lip product, Pout Paint is an intense lip pigment like no other that is made to be mixed.
1 Pout Paint can be mixed together to create unique shades, releasing your inner makeup artist!
2 Use Peek-a-Bloo to add depth and warmth, Cloud 9 to lighten, or Lava to brighten and add vibrancy.
3 Using a tiny bead of Pout Paint, smooth onto lips with your finger or a lip brush.
4 Apply a thin layer for a satin lipstick-like finish, or a thicker layer for a glossy result.
Polyisobutane, Polybutene, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Glycol Distearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcic (Sweet Almond)Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin and Fragrance. May contain: Titanium dioxide. Suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for vegans.
- Price :6.49 USD plus shipping. I paid total 3 usd shipping.
My take on Sleek Pout Paint in Port:-
Well for starters, this definitely is not a product for beginners. The quantity required is so tiny and the pout paint is insanely pigmented, that it is very easy to go wrong with it. I actually just need a teeny tiny drop.
See pic below: The drop looks bigger as its spread a bit.
Sleek Pout Paint In Port Swatches:-
This drop is more than enough to cover all the pigmentation on your lips in one go.
The swatch below is done with swiping the above drop across my wrist:
The staying power of the paint is fabulous when used on its own with just a lip balm underneath. A lip balm is definitely needed as the product is drying and can settle into lip lines. When used with another lipstick, it takes on the properties of the other lipstick. I used a very creamy lipstick over this and i spread all over my face in no time. Hence, I prefer to use this on its own.
However, due to the intense pigmentation, I have to be very careful in applying it, making sure no gaps are left on the lips, otherwise it can look very very unsightly. This definitely is not a product you can apply when you are in a rush.
The paint is quite staining, and comes off completely only after using an oil based remover. I like it simply for its color, otherwise its too much work and I like my products to be easy to use.
The packaging is very hygienic as its a small tube. The size make its very convenient to pop it in your handbag and the nozzle dispenses just the right amount of the product, provided you dont press the tube too hard. But, you would need to carry a lip brush with you , if you plan to travel with it. With fingers, the application can be streaky and you would be left with hot pink fingers!
Sleek Pout Paint In Port Lip Swatches:-
Overall I do feel that the product is quite gimmicky as the difficulty of use far outweighs the positives.The pigmentation is insane , staying power is good but without a brush its of no use and if you dispense a lot of product, it will just go waste.
I would say, Skip This one.
However, if you like experimenting with new things and changing and mixing up your lip colours, then this is your thing! Below is a pic of me wearing pout paint. Please excuse the startled expression. This was my first attempt at a self portrait
What I like about Sleek Pout Paint in Port:-
- Cute packaging
- Good for mixing up lip colours.i.e can be used to create new colours
- Insane pigmentation
- Great staying power
What I don’t like about Sleek Pout Paint in Port:-
- Need a lip brush to use this
- As it is so pigmented,its difficult to use as the extra product would just go waste
- If used with a creamy lipstick,the product transfers easily,and it is not easy to use with a matte lippie as it would get too dry
- Need a lip balm underneath
Have you tried Sleek Pout Paint In Port?
You might like reading these also:-
- Best Inexpensive Night Cream Suggestions
- Bourjois Docteur Glamour Lipstick 13 Rose En Forme Review & Swatches
- GUERLAIN La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Review
- WELLA System Professional Color Save Mask Review
- Coastal Scents Pink Kabuki Brush Review
- How To Take Care Of Skin During Holi
- The Body Shop Almond Oil Hand Rescue Treatment Review
- M.A.C at WLIFW AW 2013 Day 3- MANISH MALHOTRA
- MAC Cleanse Off Oil Review – The Best Makeup Remover
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040 Rendezvous Rendezvous Review & FOTD
- Flaunting my 1st China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Grape Pop