This lippy is one of the 2 I got from Sleek. The first is Liquer and this is the second one. The shade couldn’t be more different in fact…While Liqueur is a more sober shade, Coral Reef is like an all out party happening on the lips!
About Sleek True Color Lipstick in Coral Reef:
- Color: Coral Reef is a super bright, bordering on fluorescent coral shade in a sheen finish.
- Price: $6.49
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This bright, vibrant shade is a medium to full coverage lippy which is so pigmented that I’d rather use my fingers to apply this than the tube directly!
- Texture: It’s creamy for sure…yet doesn’t sink into the lip lines at all. The finish is silky and this has no shimmers at all.
- Staying Power: This stays for an average of about 4hrs on my lips and does stain them though. I need to use a makeup remover to get all traces of this off my lips.
I took the longest time getting used to this lipstick..Its almost a fluorescent coral and for a sheer lippy lover like myself it took alotta guts to wear this. I won’t say this goes with every outfit and I admit it took me a while to understand how to use it without looking garish but man! Once on the lips this color has the ability to brighten your entire look and just infuses confidence into the wearer!
If I had to compare this lippy to any shade, I’d say it comes closest to MAC Force of Love…just that this Sleek one has way more coral in it. I’ve attached a lip swatch so you can see exactly how bright it is…
I may look a bit streaky in the pic but that’s just because I was trying so many lipsticks that day that my chapped lips just got worse and I had to slather some lip balm prior to taking the pic. Otherwise without the lipbalm, this gives off a solid color..no streaks at all…
Blush Recco: This lipstick goes best with a subtle blush since it’s pretty loud in itself. If a deeper bush is used, it could look too clowny..So with this, I like using lighter blushes like MAC Lovecloud, Benefit Corallista, Avon Hibiscus or even Jordana Sandy Beach…These are soft and subtle enough to add color to the face without lookin garish when coupled with this lipstick.
What I like about Sleek True Color Lipstick in Coral Reef:
- Doesn’t sink into the lip lines unless its applied repeatedly
- It’s an attention grabber for sure..One cannot wear this and walk into a room and NOT expect to be noticed.
- Good staying power
- Easy on the pocket
- A must have for coral lovers
- Doesn’t have any shimmers at all.
- Can be used lightly as a stain as well
What I don’t like about Sleek True Color Lipstick in Coral Reef:
- Availability is a pain because of the shipping and customs.
Have you tried Sleek Lipstick in Coral Reef?
You may also like reading:
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Touch Blush No.5 & No.7: Review, Swatches
- 100% Pure Pigmented Blush Pink Plum Review & Swatches
- MAC Fleur Power Blush Review ,Swatches & Photos
- Best Plum Blush Suggestions
- Elizabeth Arden Blush Sugar Plum Review & Swatches
- MAC Breezy Blush: Review , Swatches & FOTD
- AVON True Color Blush Hibiscus Review & Swatches
- Inglot AMC Cream Blush 92: Review & Swatches
- Inglot AMC Cream Blush 94: Review and Swatches
- W7 The Cheek Of It Blush Baby Pink Review,Swatches & FOTD
- Serious Skincare Serious Colour Perfect Structure Cheek Blush Review & Swatches
- Inglot AMC Liquid Blush 87: Review & Swatches
- Best Peach Blush Suggestions
- Chanel Les Tissage De Chanel Blush Duo Effet Tweed Ambre Review & Swatches
- Chanel Les Tissage De Chanel Blush Duo 17Tweed Effect Tweed Fuchsia Review & Swatches