Today I’m going to share a smoothie which is packed with health benefits and is the yummiest smoothie. The best part is it promotes weight loss. How cool is that!
The Strawberry-Raspberry Smoothie:-
This is a very simple smoothie and would take just a few minutes to prepare.
This smoothie is packed with multi vitamins, anti-oxidants and multi minerals. I am also going to share a few health benefits of this smoothie after the recipe.
Here’s what you would need –
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup soy milk (you can add more or less depending on the consistency you want)
- Honey to add sweetness
- 1tbls Flax seeds
- 1tbls sunflower seeds
Optional – Protein supplement to make it a good post-workout drink.
If you use a blender then you may want to put the liquids first or the entire ingredients at once.
The mixture will look like this – I blend the berries together with the flax and sunflower seeds first to crush and mix them well in a food processor.
Such a gorgeous color!
At this stage I add the soy milk and honey and blend well. You’re done! The smoothie is ready in less than 5 minutes J it’s a creamy smoothie, the sunflower and flax seeds add a bit of crunchiness.
Cheers to good health –
Since I’ve used frozen berries I did not add ice. But if you use fresh ones you would need to add some ice. However I would suggest buying the frozen ones and stack it up in your freezer. They are such super foods that you don’t want to miss out on.
Here are just a few benefits of the ingredients. I say just a few because if I had to list them all then the list would be endless
It’s a super food, packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Strawberries are rich source of vitamin C which boosts the immunity. It is also good for the skin
It proves beneficial for health issues such as arthritis, blood pressure, diabetics, and heart related diseases.
It is rich in fiber and therefore helps to lose weight.
- Raspberries – are rich in fiber and antioxidants as well. They contain multi minerals and are rich in B-complex and vitamin K. The vitamins in it help in improving the metabolism hence promoting in weight loss.Both strawberries and raspberries help to fight aging and contain folic acid.
- Sunflower seeds –
Sunflower seeds are rich source of vitamin E, help in skin lighting and are a natural remedy to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet radiation. Consumption of sunflower seeds results in stronger bones. It contains magnesium which relaxes the nervous system and helps to fight migraine headaches and prevent fatigue. Sounds like a wonder seed to me.
- Flax seeds –Flax seeds are rich source of multi vitamins and multi minerals. It contains a good amount of fiber and Omega3 fatty acids. It is very low in carbohydrates. It is also proven to promote hormonal balance and good hair growth. I’ve been thinking of incorporating flax seeds in my diet since a long time and I find it best in a smoothie.
- Soy milk – contains less fat compared to regular milk. Promotes weight loss as it is quite filling hence our body does not crave for sugars and carbohydrates.
You can create many variants of this smoothie for instance add blackberries or blueberries instead of raspberries.
India is a global market and I’m sure you can find these ingredients in super markets.
Do try it!
You might like reading these also:-
- Top Five Egg Benefits And Easy Egg Recipe (Dimer Jhol)
- Mushroom recipe – Mushroom quiche with step by step picutres
- Spicy Mushrooms in fifteen minutes with pictures
- Leftover recipes-Easy aloo kofta