About Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion:-
A lightweight, soothing gel-crème for blemished skin.
- Leaves skin looking matte
- Antibacterial action
- Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin
Regular nightly use helps minimise the appearance of post-blemish marks and discoloration.
- Quantity: 30 ml
- Price: INR 725
- Shelf life: 3 years from mfg date
- Ingredients:–Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Polyisobutene (Binder), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen), Phytosphingosine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Limonene (Natural Additive), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).
Packaging:-I adore the packaging! It comes in a green, lightweight, plastic bottle with a pump dispenser and a transparent plastic cap. It is small in size and will fit easily into the smallest of pouches. The pump is of excellent quality and works efficiently in a consistent manner. It never gets stuck and neither does it dispense too much or little. The mouth of the dispenser is pretty small and is thus very effective in delivering the right amount of lotion. The cap fits snugly and has not dislodged itself in all the times I’ve travelled with this. The bottle along with the cap is extremely sturdy and if you’re the clumsy kind, you’ll jump in joy since this is virtually indestructible! Overall, the packaging is super easy to use and is a treat to travel with.
- Fragrance:It has a moderately strong, tea tree fragrance that lingers for a few minutes. If you’re not familiar with tea tree scent, it smells quite like Jeera (Cumin). I find the scent to be very clean and refreshing.
- Color & Consistency:-The lotion is pale, creamy white in color and has a gel crème consistency. It looks thick but feels gloriously lightweight. It does not have the greasiness of a cream or the stickiness of gel. I love that it sinks in super-fast and does not leave behind even a hint of residue. Skin feels powdery soft post application. This is by far the MOST non-greasy night treatment I’ve EVER used!
Performance:I have EXTREMELY acne-prone skin and since it is hormonal it keeps coming back irrespective of however nicely I take care of my skin After I began using this, I saw a difference in my skin within just two days. Within a few days, my skin cleared up so dramatically that I began suspecting if I was pregnant!! No kidding!
Since the weather was a bit dry at that time, I’d changed my entire skincare routine and was using a host of new products. It took me a while to figure out which product was actually making a difference. I discontinued using each product one by one and finally narrowed it down to this miracle worker.
In summer, the results weren’t as dramatic but it surely did work better than any other over-the-counter product that I’ve tried. I’ve been using this for more than 4 months now and noticed that it does fade blemishes but it does take time. Don’t expect overnight results with regard to stubborn acne marks. It does not help with pore-size but then it doesn’t claim to do that either. It does help make skin smooth and even-toned.
There are very few night creams/lotions out there which are specifically designed to suit those with oily skin. Most night treatments are overly hydrating and make oily skin further greasy and thus prone to acne. This lotion does hydrate but to the optimal level without ever being greasy. Those with dry skin will find this quite drying. Combination skin can use this in summers. Those with oily to very oily skin rejoice! This night lotion will be your new best friend!
What like about TBS Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion:-
- Attractive, user-friendly and travel-friendly packaging
- Pump dispenser works consistently well without ever getting clogged
- The base of the bottle moved upwards with usage thus leading to zero wastage
- Lotion is gloriously lightweight, blends easily and gets absorbed in a jiffy
- Sinks into the skin completely and does not leave behind any residue
- Leaves skin looking matte and feeling powdery soft
- Does not transfer to pillows, clothes, husbands etc.
- Does not bleach fabric for instance neckline of clothes, pillow covers etc. (one issue I faced with derma prescribed creams)
- Refreshing tea tree fragrance
- Very little quantity is required per use
- Heals existing acne (but not overnight) and prevents new ones from cropping up
- Fades blemishes with continued usage
- Great for those with oily, acne-prone skin. Combination skin can use this during summer
- Perfect night lotion for those who live in a humid climate
- Don’t be fooled by the small bottle. It lasts for a minimum of 5 months even with daily use
- I love the way TBS describes their ingredients in details. It manages to make atleast some sense to us mere mortals
What I don’t like about TBS Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion:-
- Availability of TBS products in India
- Pricey (but I do feel it is well worth it)
- Bottle is opaque so it’s difficult to ascertain how much product is left (Although I did take mine apart with some difficulty and peeked inside )
- Will not suit those with very dry skin and may not be hydrating enough for combination skin in winters
I’ve been meaning to try The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Range like forever but I honestly believed it was overhyped and overpriced owing to the established brand name. I’ve used my fair share of Tea Tree products and felt that they were too mild for my skin since almost all of them did virtually nothing. But now I’m a believer! This is by far the most lightweight, non-greasy, refreshingly-scented, transfer-resistant night lotion I’ve ever used! It helps a GREAT deal in keeping my skin clear. It does not completely eliminate hormonal acne, but then it’s not possible for a topical lotion to do that. Its effect on blemishes is slow but visible after continued usage. The efficient, sturdy, travel-friendly packaging is an added bonus. Those with oily, acne-prone skin should most certainly give this a try.
Do you like Tea Tree product as much as I do? Check out the reviews listed below:
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask Review
- Tea tree oil – Body Shop tea tree oil review – Effective acne remedy ?
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel Review
- Lush Tea Tree Toner/Lush Tea Tree Water Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash & Tone Gel Review
- Avon Naturals Tea Tree & Thyme Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- Oriflame Tea Tree & Rosemary Purifying Oil Review
- Aroma Magic Tea Tree Oil Review
- Lotus Herbals Tea Tree Clarifying Face Pack Review
- Jovees Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash Review
- Tea Tree Toner – Fab India Tea Tree Skin Toner Review
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Fab India Tea Tree Toner Vs Lotus Basiltone Toner