The first time I hit a beauty blog was to check out the swatch of a particular lipstick. I guess most of us do that. We check swatches and reviews online before finalizing on one. But how many times, have we come across scenarios when the shade tends to appear differently on our lips. The shade looked very pretty in the tube but on the lips it’s an altogether different shade. This can be due to the interference of the natural lip shade or even pigmentation in the lips. That is where MAC Lip erase makes the entry.
About MAC Lip Erase In Dim:-
A flesh-toned balm that visually neutralizes and erases natural colour from the lip. Shine- and texture-free. Available in a choice of two shades for use on light to medium skin tones.
- Shade: – Lip erase is available in 2 shades, Pale (Lighter skin tones), Dim (Darker Skin tones)
- Price: INR 1400 for 15ml
My experience with MAC Lip Erase In Dim:-
How it works: The lip erase cancels out the natural color or lip pigmentation and provides a neutral base for colors. As a result the shade of the gloss or lipstick remains true to its color without being affected by the natural lip color or pigmentation. This is very true in the case of sheer lipsticks and glosses than opaque ones. If you have very pale lips without any pigmented issues or much color, this is not something you need.
- Texture: Lip erase has a balm like consistency. It is lightweight and spreads easily. Unlike the normal foundation or concealer that can be used in a similar way, lip erase gives much ease in application. It does not dry out the lips but at the same time I don’t find it very hydrating too. As a result it can highlight dry and chapped lips. So I would recommend proper exfoliation before using the product. Once applied, Lip erase sets quickly to form a solid base. It does not bleed or migrate and a little amount goes a long way. I would advise one to wait a few seconds to let the lip erase completely set before going over with the lip product. This way it does not tend to blend with the lipstick/gloss thereby reducing the intensity of the shade.
MAC Lip Erase In Dim Swatch:-
The packaging: MAC Lip erase comes in a round plastic tub with a twist open cap. It is very similar MAC Lip conditioner packaging. Not a very hygienic type but very much travel friendly and compact.
What I like about MAC lip erase:-
- Neutralizes lip color
- Brings out true shade of lipstick/gloss especially sheer ones
- Balm like consistency
- Easy to spread
What I don’t like about MAC Lip erase:-
- Can accentuate dry/chapped lips
- One has to dip the fingers or use a separate brush/spatula to take out the product
Final Verdict: MAC Lip erase is pro product that is a must have for those with pigmented or colored lips. It is a great way to make sheer and semi sheer lip products work for you!
Have you tried MAC Lip erase?
You might like reading these also:-
- Kryolan Ikonic Gel Eyeliner Pencil Black Review & Swatches
- Five Minutes Coconut Laddu Recipe – Wise She Weekend Treat
- Lace Trend 2013 – Dress ,Shoes, Bottoms, Tops & Everything
- Sephora Rouge Lipstick Bewitch Me 2039A R24 Review & Swatches
- Suave Volumizing Mousse Review
- Faces Ultime Pro Gel Waterproof Mascara Review
- A New Addition In Wise She Family – Baby Zee Is Here
- 5 Easy Hair Braids Which I am Fond Of
- Olay Skin Adapt Toner for Normal-Combination Skin Review