How many of us actually stray away from the routine nudes and neutrals when it comes to lipstick? We always prefer to play it safe with plummy browns and pinks. “Oh and orange, what orange, lipstick? Maybe red but not orange, okay coral maybe that’s it”. I am not saying we don’t experiment but I do feel we are in the minority here. Orange shade, I feel is a very flattering one especially on Indian skin tones. Every makeup lover should at least give the shade a chance to explain. Now I am rambling, I know. Let’s get into the topic of the day, MAC So Chaud Lipstick.
About MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Price: INR 990 for 3gm
My experience with MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
The shade: So Chaud in literal term means ‘So Hot’. Yes, very apt for the lipstick I say. MAC describes the shade as intense reddish orange and I agree whole heartedly. It is not exactly a pure orange but nevertheless a very brave shade at that. It looks quite flattering on a range of skin tones from light to dusky. But medium to duskier skin tones rock the shade.
- Pigmentation: So Chaud is a matte finish lipstick from MAC. High on pigmentation yet creamy and very forgiving on lips! A single swipe is all you need to get opaque coverage. It covers lip pigmentation well, deposits evenly without any tugging or pulling.
- Texture: I love MAC’s matte range. They are creamy, pigmented and non-drying all at the same time. Exfoliated and prepped lips form a better base and actually let the lipstick perform a world apart. It does not settle into fine lines nor bleed. The lipstick sets on application and it does not transfer.
MAC So Chaud Lipstick Swatches:-
- Fragrance & staying power: The lipstick carries the signature Vanilla fragrance attributed to most MAC lipsticks. It is mild and should not be a cause of worry for even those sensitive to fragrance. The lipstick stays put on me without much fading for nearly 6-7 hours.
- Packaging: The packaging is the standard black MAC bullet .It is sturdy, compact and travel friendly.
What I like about MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
- Gorgeous reddish orange shade
- Applies creamy
- Well pigmented
- Non drying
- Does not settle into fine lines
- Does not bleed or transfer
- Impressive Staying power
- Pleasant Vanilla fragrance
What I don’t like about MAC So Chaud Lipstick:-
- None (it is not fair mentioning price as a con for MAC lipstick!)
Final Verdict: It is summer and the season to play wild.MAC So Chaud is a gorgeous yet brave shade and a must try from MAC!
Have you tried MAC So Chaud Lipstick Review?
You might like reading these also:-
- GUERLAIN La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Review
- WELLA System Professional Color Save Mask Review
- Coastal Scents Pink Kabuki Brush Review
- How To Take Care Of Skin During Holi
- The Body Shop Almond Oil Hand Rescue Treatment Review
- M.A.C at WLIFW AW 2013 Day 3- MANISH MALHOTRA
- MAC Cleanse Off Oil Review – The Best Makeup Remover
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 040 Rendezvous Rendezvous Review & FOTD
- Flaunting my 1st China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Grape Pop