Shade wise I will be reviewing one of my all time favorites from MAC, MAC Viva Glam V. Though Lustre finishes are not exactly my forte, this is an exception.
About MAC Viva Glam V :-
In 1994, M·A·C introduced VIVA GLAM, an outspoken deep red that was universal in appeal and glamour. In 1997, a second lipstick was created VIVA GLAM II, a foxy brown plum launched in 2000. VIVA GLAM IV, a heartful rose charged with gold, introduced in March 2002. In March 2004, Viva Glam V makes its debut, a pure neutral pink with a delicious Lustre finish! VIVA GLAM VI, the newest member of the VIVA GLAM family, is a warm terracotta-plum with pearl finish. Wear it alone or finish it off with a coat of VIVA GLAM VI Lipglass. Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
- Price: INR 990 for 3gms
Shade: MAC describes the shade as neutral pink with pearl. Viva Glam V is a nude pink brown shade that is pretty much neutral. For the same reason, this is one shade that will look gorgeous on both cool and warm skin tones. The shade looks more brown on me than pink due to pigmentation. But this is one shade that looks different on each one! It is a lustre finish lipstick with very soft shimmers in it. The last part isn’t exactly my favorite. Though the shimmers look very pretty on the lips, they do have a tendency to slightly migrate though not alarmingly so. I take care of the same with a lip liner underneath and then it’s no more an issue.
- Texture and Pigmentation: Viva Glam V goes on semi sheer. If you have to make the shade work on pigmented lips, I would suggest a base underneath. My favorite is way of using the same is with MAC spice as the base. The texture is soft and the lipstick glides on smoothly without any tugging or pulling. It deposits color evenly. Lustre finishes are hydrating enough and for this very reason not very long lasting on me. They tend to rub off and give me a wear of nearly 3 hours without much fading. The shade does not bleed or feather.
- Fragrance & packaging: Packaging is the usual black one though you can easily distinguish Viva Glam range by means of the reddish stalk instead of normal silver ones. It is sturdy and compact. The lipstick carries the signature mild Vanilla fragrance associated with MAC lipsticks.
MAC Viva Glam V Swatches:-
Noteworthy Mention: 100% of the proceeds from the sale of MAC Viva Glam range go to MAC Aids Fund. So I guess one more reason to splurge?
What I like about MAC Viva Glam V:-
- Gorgeous neutral pink shade
- Universally flattering
- Soft and smooth texture
- 100% of the same proceeds go to MAC Aids fund
- Hydrating enough
- Does not accentuate Lip imperfections
- Sturdy compact packaging
- Signature Vanilla fragrance
What I don’t like about MAC Viva Glam V:-
- Low staying Power
- Albeit mild, Shimmers tend to migrate
Verdict: For the shade it is, one should definitely check this one out. I only wish it gave slightly long wear time.
Have you tried MAC Viva Glam V?
You might like reading these also:-
- MAC Tilt Eyeshadow Review and Swatches
- Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Review
- Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Twilight Blue Review, Swatches & EOTD
- Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Trio Review & Swatches
- Rose Water Uses For Face
- Chambor Brilliant Shimmer All Over Powder 01 Review
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Sweetheart Valentine Review & Swatches
- Clean And Clear Morning Energy Purifying Apple Face Wash Review
- Lancome Rouge in Love Lipsticks Miss Coquelicot 146B Review,Swatches & FOTD
- Tinted Moisturiser Vs BB Cream
- MAC Lustre Touch Lipstick Review & Swatches