I have seen many ladies boasting about Sleek make up products they own. Sleek had gained so much respect from me though I had not owned any Sleek products.
Today’s product of review is the first and only one Sleek product I have owned so far. But, I have nothing to sing praises about this Wonderlast Color and Gloss.
- Price: $4.99
- Package: A double ended round sleek tube is the packing style of this lip product. One of the sides is a clear tube with a brush applicator made for Gloss. Another side is the Color with the sponge applicator. Everything looks nice till here with the tube package.
- Shade: Soft Suede is a pale neutral shade. This shade is not everybody’s cup of tea. It is not suiting me as well. Washes me . But I so wanted to have at least one product in this shade.
- Texture: Both the color and the gloss are very thin in their form. And gloss removes the drying texture of the color. The color hides all the dark pigmentation on my lips.
- Usage: Apply the color on the lips and wait for 45 seconds till it settles down. Actually I feel this is drying on my lips. It looks dry and clumped everywhere. But I guess that is how the formula is made; and the package instructs to top the color with the gloss after 45 secs. The gloss removes the drying look. Hence, both have to be used together. You cannot plan to use the color alone.
- Staying Power: Now, this is where my hatred will start. In just one hour the gloss and color will begin to wear off. And about another hour, the color looks as though it is a torn layer on my lips. Lips become patchy and flakes of color begin to form everywhere making the lips look sick. I would rather stay without any color on my lips. Hell, what a dirty product from a brand like Sleek.
I occasionally use the gloss on other lipsticks when I am in glossy mood.
What I like about Sleek WonderLast Color and Gloss Soft Suede:-
- Stylish packaging.
- The color and gloss has separate applicators.
- Leak proof tube.
- Thin texture of both color and the gloss.
- Gloss can be used on other lip color products too.
What I don’t like about Sleek WonderLast Color and Gloss Soft Suede:
- Color makes the lips look dry.
- Color settles into the fine lines.
- Staying power is very bad.
- In about 2 hours of application, the color looks patchy on the lips.
- The layer of color becomes flaky and bits of color begin to come out from the lips.
Recommendation: A big NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Have you tried Sleek WonderLast Color and Gloss Soft Suede?
You might like reading these also:-
- 4 Makeup Tricks Every Girl Should Know
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Totally Toffee Review
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque Review
- Diet Facts – Five Diet Myth Busters You Should Know!
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher Duo & Immodest Lipstick Winner
- Lakme Salon Prices & Experience
- Wise She Magnet – 5 Ways To Flight Flakes ( From Good House Keeping )
- MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain Fruitilicious Review & Swatches
- How To Make Nail Polish Last Longer
- Sleek Eye Dust Hypnotic Review & Swatches
- Vichy LiftActiv Serum Review
- My Birthday Haul !