Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set Review, Swatches and FOTD
Today’s post is special to me.. why you may ask? Because I am reviewing a lipstick after long, I didn’t have my blogging camera and wasn’t happy with the pics with the camera I had, second its a red lipstick, you gals know how much I love red lippies and can wear them everyday, anywhere even for grocery shopping and third I have been with WiseShe from mid of 2011 (long time :hug-makeup) but never done a FOTD, was always too shy so this is my first FOTD here. Enough of my blabbering lets go the review; Bourjois had launched the rouge edition last year end and I was in Mumbai that time and gone to the counter to buy the pink tube mascara and there the SA was wearing a hot red lipstick and curious me asked her which lippy is that and she showed the newly launched Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set and it was love at first swatch.
About Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick:-
- New Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick
- ¼ pure laque for bright colour and shine
- Incredibly soft ‘Ready to wear’ formula
- 10hr hydration “Must have” colours tested and approved by fashion editors
Price: Rs.775 for 3.5 gm ( I got a mini heart attack when i heard the price, few bucks more I could get a MAC lippy but I had fallen for it hook & sinker; you can guess the rest and I dont regret a bit also these are as good as MAC lippies )
My Take on Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set:-
Packaging: I totally adore the packaging glossy black tube with ROUGE EDITION written in red and hot pink. Bottom of the lipstick has the shade number.
Shade: It is a classic red shade with very subtle blue undertones. Its a bright shade but too bright in the face kind. It instantly perks up my complexion.
- Texture: I love the texture of these lipsticks its creamy and has glossy finish . It glides smoothly and doesn’t settle in fines lines. The formula is quite moisturizing, my lips never felt dry with this on!
- Pigmentation: It’s highly pigmented and one swipe is enough to give you opaque coverage.
- Staying power: The staying power is good, it lasted on me for 4- 5 hours and than left a nice reddish tint. My lips never felt devoid of any color.
- Here I would like the mention about the shape of the bullet, the tip of lipstick is designed in a different way(see pic below) to give crisp definition to the lips.
Swatches Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set
(taken in natural light)
What I like about Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set:-
- Creamy texture
- Nice glossy finish
- Doesn’t settle in fine lines
- Opaque Coverage
- Quite moisturizing
- Decent staying power
- Leaves a nice stain
- Tip is designed in such a way so you can easily line your lips
- Chic packaging
- 18 shades to choose from!
What I dont like about Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set:-
- Expensive… wish these were around 500 bucks
And here is my first FOTD… hope you gals like it
The pics were taken at 12 in night with no makeup at all except the lipstick and some black eyeshadow, you can see how fresh it makes me look.
Would I recommend Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick 13 Rouge Jet Set: Yup definitely, I have three red MAC lippies but I reach for this one more, its texture and perfect brightness makes it a total winner for me. Atleast get one lippy from this range you will know why I love it so much:
Rating 4.5/5 (0.5 deducted for the price )
You may like reading these also:
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick-15 Rose Podium Review And Swatches
- 18 Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick Swatches
- BeYu Velvet Mat Foundation Shade No.22 Review
- Revlon Matte Lipstick 007 In the Red Review
- Sleek Palette Swatches & Reviews
- L’oreal UV Perfect Dermo Expertise Anti Dullness
- Lakme Lip Love Lipstick in Rose Kissed Review and Swatches
- MUA Lipboom Vibe Review & Swatches
- 5 Coastal Scents Liquid Eyeliner Reviews & Swatches