Today I am going to review one of the most gorgeous olive gold shadows I have ever tried in past from any brand.
About Diana Of London Shimmer Touch Melange Eyeshadow 36 Emerald Stone:-
An irresistible eye shadow with an advanced formula that glides on with superior smoothness and gives high color pay off. A highly crease resistant eye shadow that has long lasting effects for an all day long expert wear. Comes in a range of 20 beautiful shades to complement your eye make up. Dermatologically approved.
- Price: Rs 675 for 8 Grams
My Take On Diana of London shimmer touch melange eyeshadow 36 emerald stone :-
I got this eye shadow from the brand Diana of London when almost 30 % discount was going on in the month of January. There are some 20 different shades in this range. However the texture finish of all shadows are not similar, while some are very shimmery, others have pearl finish with microshimmers. I got 3 shades from the range and ‘Emerald Stone’ shade is my favorite among all three.
- Packaging:These eye shadows come in a pan with a see through cover. These shadows come in baked form and can be used dry or wet. Shade name alongwith other information is mentioned on the bottom of the pan. No mirror or eye shadow applicator or brush is provided with it, so for touch ups you must carry your eye shadow brush separately.
- Shade:‘Emerald Stone’ is a gorgeous gold shadow with green veining on the surface. Its one of the most beautiful baked shadows I have ever used with great formula. When swatched, one gets to see a beautiful olive gold shade. This is flattering shade for Indian skin tones.
- Pigmentation: –Emerald stone is a richly pigmented baked shadow. Without a primer too, it shows up nicely on my eyes but with a primer it looks more intense. This is one of the most richly pigmented baked shadow I have ever seen in market.
Diana Of London Shimmer Touch Melange Eyeshadow 36 Emerald Stone Swatches:-
It has incredibly high staying power. Without a base it stays on my eyes for 5-6 hours without creasing and with a primer its staying increases more than 6 hours.However, note that all shadows in this range are not similar and staying power of other shades may vary.
Texture & Finish:
I have used baked eye shadows from several brands like Deborah, Bourjois, Lakme in the past. The texture of Emerald stone is extremely soft and you wont need to swipe your eye shadow brush multiple times for expected result. Baked eye shadows are best to use when used with fingers or eye shadow applicator but I could use the baked shadow from Diana of London with eye shadow brush too. However, while swiping the surface with a brush one has to be careful or there will wastage of product owing to soft texture of shadow. This eye shadow comes with pearl finish and it has gorgeous microshimmers.
What I liked about Diana of London shimmer touch melange eyeshadow 36 emerald stone:-
- Gorgeous olive gold shade.-Intensely pigmented.
- Quantity is 8 grams, which is really good.
- It has microshimmers which are not chunky ones and look great.
- Price is justified for quantity and quality provided.
- Staying power without a base is nearly 4-5 hours without creasing, with a base wear time can be extended.
- Its texture is soft unlike other baked shadows.
What I did not like about Diana of London shimmer touch melange eyeshadow 36 emerald stone:-
- Quite pricy.
- Not easily available.
- No mirror or eye shadow brush is provided with it.
- Shade: 5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 4.25 out of 5
- Staying Power: 4.25 out of 5
- Price vs Quality: 5 out of 5
- Availability: 3 out of 5
- Overall Rating: 4.25 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Yes for sure. I am planning to get a back up of this shade.
My Overall Recommendation: I would highly recommend this shade to all of you for its intense pigmentation and incredibly high staying power.
Have you tried Diana of London shimmer touch melange eyeshadow 36 emerald stone?
You might like reading these also:-
- Essence Colour And Go Nail Polish Oh My Glitter 133 Review and Swatches
- Pond’s no Blackheads Deep Cleansing Facial Foam Review
- MET Ball 2013
- Sleek Makeup Twist Up Eye Pencil 648 Gold Review & Swatches
- Kajol Lipstick Colour/Shade – Suggestions
- Colorbar Creme Touch Lipstick Burnt Orange Review + Kareena Kapoor Lipstick
- FOTD – Emerald Illusion
- Oriflame Beauty Smooth Definer in Blue Review & Swatches:
- The Body Shop Facial Brush with Lid Review
- Olay Advanced Relief Intensive Lotion Review
- Lakme Pop Tint Plum Rush Review, Swatches & FOTD