I’m not really much of a lotion girl. I do have super dry skin and usually always head towards TBS or the pharmacy for Vaseline cocoa Butter lotion since it works best for me. But sometime last month, I happened to cast my eyes on this cute cream at a local beauty store and I was mesmerized..the minute I saw the shimmery ice-cream like swirls I was hooked and picked this up without much thought.
I’d never used a shimmery lotion and my mind started conjuring images of Cleopatra bathing in milk, of luminous skin and what not…Did this product match up to my weird and over-active imagination? Let’s find out..
Price: INR 750
- Packaging: I cant find fault with the packaging since it was what attracted me in the first place. Even now, as I write this the thought of the pink and white swirls is making me smile It has a pump dispenser to boot which would appeal to any of us for the ease of use and hygiene factors. The lid is super sturdy and this would be ideal for travel as well.
Did I like the Beauty Rush Love Addict Fresh Strawberry & Almond Milk Cream
For starters it’s NOT a shimmering cream despite it being written bang on the front of the bottle…and I can’t tell you how much that disappoints me. I came home, opened it up, pumped out a bit and NO shimmer…So I thought maybe it will show in the subsequent days once I use more product but nada…Then i thought to look a little more closely (which is what I could have done earlier, but I’m blaming my ignorance on motherhood hormones) and realised that the only shimmer was that on the casing and not in the cream itself. So this was a bit of a damper considering that ‘shimmering cream’ was written on the front instead of ‘shimmering bottle.’
Now coming to the cream itself….yep, i like it…it’s super hydrating for my dry skin and I’m sure it would also be great for normal skin..Oily skin may however have an issue with this. This takes a few mins to get absorbed which i don’t mind…
The fragrance is rave-worthy. After using this, I smell like a strawberry milkshake and this fragrance sticks around for about 45mins and even after this the smell lingers. But if you’re not into strong strawberry scents, you would definitely not like this.
All in all, I like this…If not for the misleading name, I might have even given this a 10/10.
What I liked about Beauty Rush Love Addict Fresh Strawberry & Almond Milk Cream:-
- I love strawberries and this has an intense strawberry scent which I love.
- Fragrance lingers for quite a while
- I love the packaging
- It does moisturize my skin well and keeps it well-hydrated.
- Would suit dry and normal skin very well
What I didn’t like about Beauty Rush Love Addict Fresh Strawberry & Almond Milk Cream:-
- As I mentioned above, the misleading name. Dude, if it ain’t a shimmering cream, don’t name it so.
- Oily skinned gals and those who don’t like strawberry fragrances wouldnot like this.