I reviewed the L’Oreal Youth Code Luminize Serum a few days back. If you haven’t read it already, click here to do so. Usually anti-ageing serums work best when used along with the corresponding day/night cream. I picked this day cream from the same Youth Code range and have been using it in tandem with the serum.
About L’Oreal Youth Code Luminize Moisturizing Day Cream
Price: INR1399 for 30ml
My experience with L’Oreal Youth Code Luminize Moisturizing Day Cream:-
This comes in a tub form which is a bit irritating since you have to keep dipping in…more so if you have long nails…I wish I could say that I’m super hygiene conscious and use a spatula but truth is I’m too lazy to do so and prefer to dip my fingers in..if its any consolation to the clean-lovers out there, I do use clean hands
The cream is a pearly white and quite light-weight. Initially, I used to use a nice dollop on my face which resulted in my skin getting kinda sweaty. Then I switched to using a tiny bit and Voila! No greasiness! So, every skin type would need to gauge the quantity needed accordingly.
Now for the effects..I use this along with the L’oreal YC Serum. I use the serum and about 5mins later I use the cream. I admit that alot of the time I skip this after the serum but ever since I’ve been homebound (about 3mts) I’ve been using this more regularly. I’ve noticed that my skin looks brighter after using this but without the serum, the effect is temporary and lasts for just 3hrs or so. When used along with the serum, the glow lasts for about 6hrs easily.
I do like this cream…but I’d have liked it better had it been useful if used alone. The fact that I necessarily need the serum to prolong the effects puts a damper on it.
What I like about L’Oreal Youth Code Luminize Moisturizing Day Cream
- Does brighten the skin (albeit not for long on its own)
- Moisturizes well
- Works very well in tandem with the serum
- One tub will last about 6 to 7 months.
What I don’t like about L’Oreal Youth Code Luminize Moisturizing Day Cream
- Will not suit extremely oily skin
- Doesn’t have a prolonged effect when used alone
- Has parabens
Have you tried L’oreal Youth Code Luminize Moistursing Day Cream?
You may also like reading:
- Benefit Boxed Blush In Heaven Review, FOTD
- Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish Glam Green Review and Swatches
- Must Have Smoky Eye Makeup Products
- Lancome Colour Focus Exceptional Wear EyeColour – Quad Review & Swatches
- Inglot Freedom System Eye shadow AMC 56 Review & Swatches
- How To Fill Brows Step By Step
- L’Oreal Hydrafresh Deep Boosting Essence Review
- Maybelline Colorama Nail Polish- Absinto Review & Swatches
- Skin Care For Oily Skin In Summers/Monsoon – Reader Query
- N.Y.C. New York Color Ultra Moist Lip Wear In Mocha Review
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Rust – Review & Swatches