My love for lustre finish lipsticks is no surprise to most of you. That coupled with my love for pink is probably what made me go for this lippy. I’d wanted this shade since long and am glad I got it! For those of who who’d like to read more about MAC Lipstick finishes, click here for Shweta’s details post on the same.
MAC Lovelorn is described on the site as an, “emotive blue-pink”. While i’m not sure how the word emotive fits in, it’s certainly a blue toned pink shade. I don’t usually go for blue toned lippies since I feel they wash me out but this shade in particular is one which would suit both warm toned and cool toned gals. That alone makes this a unique shade for me. As a bit of a comparison, Lovelorn is similar to Creme Cup or Angel but with waay more pink in it to make it more wearable.
Texture-wise I feel I’ve raved enough about Lustre finishes but let me rant a bit more.. The texture is sheer and buildable only to an extent.
MAC Lovelorn Lipstick Swatches:-
This gives me medium coverage in a single swipe and full coverage in about 3 swipes. Super pigmented lips won’t be giving this any love but my lip corners are a bit pigmented and this happens to conceal that well.
It has a glossy finish hence those of you who tend to layer a gloss on top of the lippy for that shine can skip that part.
Being a lustre finish lippy, this won’t last more than 3hrs on the lips so this is strictly for those who have a fetish for applying and re-applying their lipstick..(in short, crazy like me).
Here is how it looks on me…Pout A-style!!
What I like about MAC Lovelorn lipstick:-
- A blue toned pink which can be used by both cool & warm toned skintones
- Can be built up as desired
- A pink shade which can be worn anytime
- Glossy and eliminated the need to apply gloss separately.
- Doesn’t sink into the liplines
What I don’t like about MAC Lovelorn Lipstick:-
- Won’t cover super pigmented lips
- I was going to write pricey but then remembered that these days when L’oreal, Bourjois, etc other drugstore brands are hiking up their prices, buying a MAC lippy at about INR980 seems to be a better idea
You may also like reading:
- Bleached Hair Problems – Help!
- Maybelline Colorsensational High Shine Lipgloss Plum Lustre Review & Swtaches
- Fruttini Lime Mint Body Lotion & Peach Pear Body Scrub Review
- Benefit Boxed Blush In Heaven Review, FOTD
- Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish Glam Green Review and Swatches
- Must Have Smoky Eye Makeup Products