I love mascaras…not as much as blushes mind you its a strong love nonetheless. Although i hardly every hesitate to spend a larger amount on blush, I somehow can’t convince myself to buy a mascara above 500 or 600 bucks..infact, the cheaper the better…but cheaper doesn’t always mean it works best and this mascara from Sleek is a prime example of this.
About Sleek Magnitude Mascara
An innovative two step mascara that gives the illusion of false lashes.
My experience using Sleek Magnitude Mascara
When I first saw this, I was really excited and ordered it immediately..My lashes are dense but at the same time are quite thin and nondescript… Hence, i usually need a mascara to make them look defined and lush. I’ve been using the Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara since ages (and did try NYX and Colorbar in between) and was quite bored with it and thought to try this out. What followed was NOT good..
As you can see from the attractive blue, white and gold packaging, it is a dual ended mascara with one end for lengthening the lashes and the other to volumise. Initially I though tthis would be like the Colorbar mascara which was similar but then I opened it and realised I was wrong. Where the colorbar mascara formula was black for both lengthening and volumizing, Sleek has a white primer like formula for lengthening and the Blue shade for volumizing. This immediately was a minus in my eyes coz I would have liked the flexibility of being able to use each end individually which I can’t do with this unless I want to walk around with white lashes..
Next came the application..the white lengthening formula was easy enough to apply and dried quickly. Then I used the volumizing end and therein lies the problem. The brush simply isn’t built for coating the lashes evenly. As a result, unless you spend extra time on mascara alone, its very difficult to cover all the white. So I thought, “Ok..let me apply a 2nd coat.” Then started the next problem..The mascara started clumping like crazy. So much so that I had to use a brow brush to separate them even after which my lashes still went haywire.. (and NO! My lashes aren’t naturally this weird).
Have a look at the finished result..Can you see the white specks on my lashes?? its worse in person, believe me..
End result: Defined lashes? yes.. Volume? Mediocre..Happy Meter? ZILCH!
Why I liked Sleek Magnitude Mascara
- Defines the lashes well.
- Not too pricey
Why I didn’t like Sleek Magnitude Mascara
- Clumps after the 2nd coat
- The primer is really thick and weighs down the lashes..plus the brush makes it hard to coat the primer.
- Has to be ordered from abroad.
You may also like reading:
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Rust – Review & Swatches
- 10 Quick Tips & Tricks For Applying Gel Eyeliner
- Marks & Spencer Coconut Milk Body Splash Review
- No Heat Frizz Free Beachy Waves
- Every Day Makeup Suggestions For Working Women – Reader Query
- Aura Vedic Pure Brightening Sun block Lotion Review
- Palmolive THERMAL SPA Skin Renewal Body Wash Review
- Happy Father’s Day From Little Anvika
- Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream Review
- 2 Affordable MAC 266 Brush Dupes
- Max Factor Max effect Mini Nail Polish- Bronze Review & Swatches
- MAC Pro Blush in Salsa Rose Review & Swatches