There was a time when I used to write a lot of skin care tips but due to my obsession with makeup, my focus shifted from it. Recently I have been asked many times what skin care routine I follow and it’s time that I do a post on it. To have a great skin, one must follow a good skin care regime diligently as per their skin type and keep a few things in mind.
Also, no one has flawless skin, one has to accept their dark circles, open pores , freckles etc but if you give good maintenance to your skin you will definitely see a change. Regular use of toner will not open up your pores. Good exfoliation will keep your white heads and black heads under control and a good face mask will help even out your skin. Also, a diet rich in Proteins, Vitamin and Calcium is much needed if you want to glow. Without a balanced diet you will never achieve a flawless skin no matter how expensive skin care you follow.
1) For a glowing problem free skin, one must resist the temptation to touch their face every now and then. By touching your face you can transfer countless bacteria from your hands. Dirt gets trapped which leads to an annoying pimple. Always wash your hands before applying anything on your face. Don’t be lazy in washing your makeup brushes they carry lot of bacteria which get transferred when you use the dirty brush regularly. You can use MAC brush cleaner or follow this simple technique to keep them germ free.
2)Never squeeze or pop your pimples – It leads to scars and often permanent ones. If you have been lucky and didn’t get any till now then count your blessings because you never know when you may get one.
3)Always invest in good skin care products as per your skin type.
- If you have a normal skin which doesn’t get too dry or oily and have few blemishes then a normal skin moisturiser , cleanser and face mask should be used.
- For dry skin which gets flaky especially during winters, you need lot of moisturiser and a good hydrating night cream.
- Oily skin usually deals with large pores and blemishes and needs good exfoliation and light moisturiser. A toner is a must for oily skin to keep the pores under control.
- Combination skin – This skin experiences little oiliness around the nose, chin and forehead area. Rest of the skin seems pretty normal. For this you need to change moisturiser as per weather condition as the skin tends to get really oily during summers and dry during winters .
- Sensitive skin – If you have a sensitive skin then you should not experiment a lot in your skin care and purchase product after reading lot of reviews. Always do a test patch before using anything on it .A mild cleanser and moisturiser is required. Avoid harsh abrasive walnut scrubs and never use cheap skin care products.
My Skin Care Regime :-
My skin is on the combination side which gets oily in the summer and monsoon and dry during the winters. If you read my initial post it was really oily but with age its getting normal which makes me happy
- I love Lush products they suit my skin perfectly .I like using Lush herbalism during summer and in monsoon .I like Lush Aqua marina cleanser as well.
- In scrubbing I try a lot of products and my recent favorite is GIOVANNI D:tox System Purifying Exfoliant Body Scrub. I scrub thrice a week. I know some of you might find it too much but it works for me and I don’t suffer from blackheads and white head problem any more.
- I use Avene Thermal Spring Water as toner and have been using it since an year. I am just obsessed with it. It keeps my pores under control, soothes my skin in summer and is preservative free. After getting this toner I have never thought of changing my toner till date. It’s just fab but yes a little expensive.
- I must confess that I am lazy in using face masks but whenever I get the time I like Forest Essential Tejaswani ubtan, lush face masks and Seikisho Mask White By Kose .
- In moisturiser nothing beats the clinique moisturising lotion.
It’s not that only expensive products are best in skin care.Even home remedies works such as gramflour as cleanser, aloevera as moisturiser, green tea toner works amazingly if its suits your skin .All you need is dedication.
There is a lot more to write in skin care but post will get too long and I am not fond of reading or writing long posts. I will write more about it in the next post.
Till then don’t forget to tell me some good skin care products which are decently priced and worked amazingly on you.
You might like reading these also:-
- Clinique High Impact Lipstick Nude Beach 02 Review, Swatches and FOTD
- Aroma Magic Triphla Shampoo Review
- Dior Color Designer All-In-One Makeup Palette Review
- 10 Most Beautiful Indian Women
- MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Lush Life Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Street Wear Shine Divine Nail Polish in Black Divine Review, Swatches & NOTD