Today I’ll be reviewing a lipstick from MaxFactor from the Elixir range. This range is quite popular and we have loads of them reviewed here like shades Pink Brandy, Rosewood, Burnt Caramel, Bewitching coral & Maroondust. Firefly is a new shade released and also my 2nd purchase form this range after Burnt Caramel and I’m loving this!
My experience with Max Factor Elixir Lipstick in Firefly
The packaging is in rectangular gold with a color tab at its bottom which also carries the shade name.
The shade itself is a mauve with a satiny texture to it. It gives medium to full coverage and has extremely good pigmentation.
Price: INR670.Those abroad can buy from Amazon here
However, this looks more pink than mauve on my lips which makes me think that this shade would look different depending on the pigmentation of ones lips. On more pigmented lips this would look way more mauve.
Max Factor Elixir Lipstick in Firefly Swatches:-
I like the feel of this lipstick and the fact that it stays on my lips for about 5hrs with eating and drinking too. But the 1 downside is that at the end of those 4 or 5hrs, the lipsticks settles into my liplines making them look all pruney. I hate that! Having said that, even though the lipstick settles in, it doesn’t feel dry at all and still feels satiny smooth. I guess that’s the speciality of this range.
Why I like Max Factor Elixir Lipstick in Firefly
- Satin finish
- Long staying power
- Amazing pigmentation
- Can be built up for full coverage
- Sturdy packaging
- Great quality and well worth the price
Why I don’t like Max Factor Elixir Lipstick in Firefly
- Those with super dry lips like mine may find it a pain when this settles into the lip lines emphasizing every flaw.
Have you tried any lippy from the Elixir Range?
You may also like reading:
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss French Kiss Review and Swatches
- MAC Semi Precious Collection India – Soon In Store
- How To Make Earring Holder / Jewellery Display Stand – DIY
- MAC Backstage At Manish Gupta And Pretti S. Kapoor
- Wise She This Week Sale Alert (Week 2 October)
- My Mac Haul On Wise She Recommendations