I picked up some MUA goodies loooong back…I think it was around Black Friday or New Years but I’m only getting around to reviewing them now. So these posts are long pending and I hope I can cover them quick Today I’ll be reviewing the MUA lippy in Shade 5.
About MUA Lipsticks:-
Girls, there is nothing better than lipstick. Apart from maybe lipstick that costs just £1! Ok definitely lipstick that costs just £1. Don’t say we’re not good to you. Our amazing lipsticks come in 16 shades from red to pink and nude and are packed full of pigmentation. With just one swipe you’ll have fantastic colour pay off resulting in gorgeous lips! Why not pick a shade you’ve not tried before and get a new look? It is just £1 after all…did we already mention that?
My experience with MUA Lipstick in Shade 4:-
Packaging: This tube looks pretty functional with the color tab on the bottom but is infact a little cheap looking and a bit rickety but I don’t think I should complain about this with a price tag of just 1pound which is awesome. But yes, what I’d vehemently complain about is the absence of the shade name/number on either end of the lippy. It just has a sticker on the tube surface which if you’re like me, you’d just peel off and throw away.
- Color & Texture: The color is an outright coral without any shimmer. It has a creamy finish and slicks on easily.
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a medium to full coverage lippy and is super pigmented as you can see from the swatches.
- Staying Power: This stays for about 2hrs on my lips and then starts fading to a light coral which disappears in about another 2hrs or so.
I have a love for corals and this is one true shade of coral which most girls will love. I love how this looks but it’s way too creamy. During my pregnancy when I had chapped lips (I had them the whole 8mts) this would sink in and make every flaw look worse and emphasized. Now I do have dry lips and even though my lips are more or less healed, I still have to use it atop a lip balm.
These lippies are good value for money although not great. I would honestly prefer the NYX formula over these but the shades MUA offers are much better suited to Indian skintones. For those of you who are coral-crazed, do give this a go. You’ll find a new fav for sure.
This is how it looks on me (NC25-30 skintone)
- A true coral shade
- Creamy and moisturizing
- Pocket friendly (to the core!)
- Has a color tab on the bottom to make it easily identifiable
- Provides medium to full coverage
What I don’t like about MUA Lipstick in Shade 4
- Rickety packaging
- Will highlight lip lines and other minor flaws.
You may also like reading:
- The New Pond’s White Beauty BB+ Fairness Cream India
- Peel Of Mask For Dry Skin – Suggestions
- MAC So Chaud Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Paris Levres Contour lip liner Rouge Soyeux 20 Review & Swatches
- My Makeup Story – Entry 2 By Shweta
- Casanova Paris Color co-ordinated Lipstick and Nail Polish Review & Swatches
- Soulflower Coldpressed Jojoba Oil Review
- Sleek Twist Up Eye Pencil Sea Blue Review ,Swatches & EOTD