I love NYX lip liners for the awesome shade selection of 60 colors to choose from, the cheap price and the good quality. I now own 2 bright shades from these and would love to buy more whenever possible. I hate shopping for these brands from Indian websites for the high pricing so I usually order them online through many other popular foreign sites.
About NYX Slim Lip Pencil Plush Red:-
Classic, best-selling NYX lip pencil:
- Creamy formula glides on smoothly and blends easily
- Provides long-lasting wear that does not feather or bleed
- Contains Coconut Oils to hydrate and condition
- Works perfectly with any NYX lipstick or gloss
Price: 3.49$ (available on discount online) / roughly around 200 INR
Sorbitan Isostearate, Isocetyl Stearate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter Unsaponifiables, *Cera Alba, *Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, *Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, *Nylon-12, *Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-2-Diisostearate, *Silica, Cera Carnauba, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Tocopherol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearakonium Hectorite, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Propylparaben, Propylene Carbonate
My views on the NYX Slim Lip Pencil ‘Plush Red’:
Shade: Plush Red is the blue-toned pink red of NYX that goes with the red lip products as well as a lot of their blue-toned reds. It is a cool toned red with definite magenta/pink undertones. The shade looks a subtle red in bright light but more of a pink-red in indoor lighting. Anyways, it’s a shade surely flattering all skin tones easily.
Texture: I won’t call the texture as buttery soft but it is smooth enough to be easily used to fill in your lips. The shade is quite pigmented and gives a nice flush of red color even when applied lightly. The color is totally matte without any shine/shimmer.
I have naturally dry lips and so I mostly use my lip liner to just outline my lips. And so if I need to fill-in my lips with this shade, then I prefer applying a thin layer of a clear lip balm underneath. That not only makes the application easy but even helps to keep the dryness coz of the completely matte texture of this lip liner away.
Staying power: When applied lightly on top of a clear lip balm, the shade stayed on for 3 hours on me. It doesn’t transfer easily which is another plus and can survive the meals too in between. If the shade is applied on with full-effect, then you can easily see it staying on for 6-7 hours with meals in between.
So if you want to increase the longevity of your favourite red color then better apply this lip liner underneath.
- Packaging: The lip liner comes in a simple sharpen-able pencil form pack with the color marking at the other end. The pencil tip is covered with a black plastic cap keeping it safe from dust, dirt and breakage. The liner tip does not get used up quickly so you do not find a need to sharpen it often even.
What I like about the NYX Slim Lip Pencil ‘Plush Red’:-
- The lovely unique pink-red shade.
- Staying power.
- Not transferrable
- Not very drying on the lips.
- Increases the staying power of my favourite red shade that won’t stay on for more than 2 hours on me.
- Quite easy to apply it on top of a clear lip balm
- Unbeatable price and shade selection the brand offers
What I don’t like about NYX Slim Lip Pencil ‘Plush Red’:-
- Availability at a less price in India.
- Not very creamy so a bit difficult to apply alone.
I love these lip liners and can vouch for being my favourite in my stash. The bold and beautiful colors they come in at such a less price makes them all the more tempting. So I fully recommend this color or any other color from this range of liners to you all.
And here it on me applied lightly over a clear lip balm. The shade can easily be applied again and again for a darker pigmentation.
Have you tried NYX Slim Lip Pencil ‘Plush Red’?
You might also like reading these:-
- Clean & Clear Fairness Face Wash Review
- Makeup Detox: Yay or nay?
- Best Stretch Mark Cream In India
- Matrix Opticare Intense Smoothing Hair Mask Review
- Simple Vamp-Astic – Wise She Magnet
- Wet & Wild Creme Eyeliner In Black/Noir 886 Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Flormar Deluxe Shine Gloss Stylo Lipstick in D 36 Review & Swatches
- Maybelline ColorSensational High Shine Lip gloss Captivating Coral Review & Swatches
- Leopard Top Zara With Brown Shorts OOTD
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion Clarifiante 1 Review
- NOMARKS Soft Scrub For Pimpled & Pimple Prone Skin Review