So I had a few queries from my last story ‘quick fix’, as to how I transformed my worn out old sneakers into shoe candy!!! Quick, simple and as easy as a pie!
I really love the fit of these comfy, old shoes and I really didn’t have the heart to chuck them away. But they looked hopelessly scruffy and boring. So what to do? Well, when in doubt….add sparkle!
They look brand new and super trendy and different! (I love owning things that look unique!)
Time to raid your shoe closet girls!! Those old, faithful shoes you thought were at the end of their days, still have a bit of a kick left in them.
Here is what you will need:
- Fabric glue ( or a really, really strong adhesive)
- Chandala (available in the market at any store that sells borders, laces…u know designer tools) They are available in a whole range of colours and shapes
- A steady hand
- And lastly, a whole lotta patience
You can experiment with different patterns and colours
I have put up a step by step photo tutorial to help you get a clearer picture.
Find an old pair of sneakers. Air them out. They should be completely dry.
Take the glue and start by putting tiny pearl drops of it in your desired pattern. But stick the chandala on quickly before it dries and smudges the shoes.
Patiently finish sticking and then dry the shoes off with a hair drier. Or you could just let them dry out in the sun for a bit.
Find a hot outfit, call up your friends and step out in your new, stylish shoes!
It’s really easy! And so many people appreciated the shoes! Innovative, cheap and chic!
And I know for a fact, that shoes like this would cost me a bomb at any store!!
Hope you guys find it helpful!
I’ll keep you posted on other easy and quick fixes which you can do at home.
Did you like the trendy Cinderella’s Slippers?
P.S – I am a fashion designer/stylist (NIFT graduate), currently running my own label. I have been styling for various projects in the entertainment industry ever since I graduated and have recently launched a brand by the name of PREVASU (www.facebook.com/Prevasu)
You might also like reading these:-
- Fashion OOTD – A Quick Fix
- What We Loved Pinning This Week(5)
- Avon Nail wear Pro Nail Enamel in Lagoon- Review and Swatches
- Press Release: Lakmé’s Royal Opulence by Sabyasachi (LFW WF 2013 Grand Finale)
- 5 Facts Busted About Green Tea
- Lakme 9 to 5 Matte Lip Color Raspberry Badge Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Blue on Blue (Monotone) Outfit
- Coral This Tuesday!
- M.A.C Cosmetics At Delhi Couture week 2013 -Day 4 – Ritu Beri