Sometime back Lotus herbals launched ‘pure stay ‘makeup range in India which claims to be completely preservative free, natural long lasting makeup comprising of eye shadows, eye definers, lipsticks, lip gloss, volumising mascara, foundation, pressed powder and blushers. Packaging and concept of the ‘Pure stay makeup range looks luxurious and girly.
Price: Rs 495 for 4.2 grams.
About Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss:-
PURESTAY Lip colour is a preservative free, natural, long lasting, hydrating lip colour. One swipe and your lips are ready for a healthier shine all day long without any loss of moisture ensuring flawless finish.
My Experience with Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss:-
I am happy that at last we have preservative free natural long lasting makeup range in India. However, its really painful splurging so much on Lotus herbals products. All the products from Pure stay range costs a bomb, which will burn holes in your pocket. The bullet of the lip color is hardly 1 inch long and costs Rs 495 which I feel are tad too much for a Lotus herbal lipstick. The eye definers are insanely priced at Rs 549 each. Despite the price, I got two shades from this range, ‘Dawn Beauty’ and ‘Apricot Bliss’
‘Apricot Bliss’ is a gorgeous rosy pink lipstick with tones of apricot shade. Its a unique shade, and I personally love wearing it on a daily basis. It’s a flattering shade on Indian skin tone and would be a MLBB shade for many girls out here.
Texture & Finish:
Texture of the lipstick is neither creamy not completely matte. It has semi matte finish. Its neither hydrating nor dry. It might get streaky on very dry chapped lips, so I think one must use lip balm before using it. This lipstick does not glide well on dry lips and thus requires multiple swipes for complete coverage. It does not bleed and sets within few seconds of application. It never ever makes my lips dry or chapped. Initially after application it feels quite sticky but after few seconds once the lipstick has set no more stickiness is felt. It feels quite light on lips. Matte lipstick lovers would like this range very much.
Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss Swatches:-
Staying power of the lipstick is incredibly high. It stays on my lips for 4-5 hours leaving beautiful rosy pink stain that stays on until I do not remove it with a makeup remover. It never accentuates my fine lines. One can wear it as a lipstick as well as a stain. I have a weird habit of pressing my lips every now and then due to this habit most of the shades stay for minimal time on my lips. On others, I am sure this would stay for much longer time.
What I like about Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss:
- Apricot Bliss is a pretty rosy pink shade with apricot tones to it.
- This shade will look flattering on Indian skin tone.
- Its natural and preservative free.
- Staying power is very high, it stays on my lips for 4-5 hours with light meals leaving pinkish stain.
- Its intensely pigmented and gives full coverage to lips.
- It never ever makes my lips dry or chapped at the end of the day like other matte lipsticks.
- Available at all lotus herbals counters throughout India.
- It never bleeds and feels lightweight on lips.
- Packaging is luxurious and girly.
- It contains SPF- 20.
What I don’t like about Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss:
- Quantity provided is very less.
- Pure stay range is seriously over priced, few products are insanely priced.
- People with dry lips cannot skip using lip balm underneath.
- It can get streaky on dry lips.
- I don’t find it well hydrating as claimed by Lotus herbals.
- It fades leaving pinkish stain on my lips, its not a con for me but everybody do not prefer stained lips.
- At least 2-3 swipes are required for full coverage.
- Texture & Finish: 3.75 / 5
- Pigmentation: 4 /5
- Pricing: 3.75 / 5
- Quality: 3.75 / 5
- Shade: 5 /5
Overall Rating: 4 /5
My overall Recommendations: Lotus herbals pure stay range of lip colors are preservative free and long lasting with semi matte finish. They have incredibly high staying power. It stays on for 4-5 hours on my lips. But I find these lipsticks to be over priced and quantity provided was pretty less for 495 bucks. I would recommend ‘Apricot Bliss’ shade mainly because it’s a lovely shade, matte lipstick lovers will like it. For others, if you find similar shades in other brands then skip this shade.
Have you tried Lotus Herbals Purestay Longlasting Lip Color 425 Apricot Bliss?
You might also like reading these:-
- Oriflame Optimals White Day Fluid SPF 15 Review
- My my mega haul – Fabindia, New U, Yebhi.com and others
- MUA Blush in No.2: Review, FOTD
- Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer Dry Combination Variant Review
- 10 Fantastic Skin Care Tips One Must Follow
- ELF Hypershine Gloss Blossom Review & Swatches
- Elle 18 Nail Pops 53 Review & Swatches