I recently chanced upon some foreign cosmetics which are yet to reach India. I got these Maybelline color whisper lipsticks which actually are yummy tinted lip balms. Maybelline recently launched their matte lipsticks too but sadly they are not matte which was kind of a disappointment for me.They might be good in texture but company should follow what they claim.
Coming to Maybelline color whisper lipsticks, this is what the company claims:-
Get truly translucent gel color.
- Sexy, soft, see through color.
- No heavy waxes or oils.
- Just a kiss of shine.
FOR BEST RESULTS
Apply lipcolor starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
Price – $5.94
In my picture below, I am wearing the shade Cherry on top. Kindly excuse the tan, I take my baby to the park and I guess the sunscreen is not helping much.
These lipsticks are sheer and I tried to get the most pigmented one out of their 20 shades. They are really moisturizing and that is why they bleed a bit. Have this glossy finish which I really like. I really like their sleek packaging which are easy to use. One can even apply them without the mirror. In the next picture I have cherry on top. I thought it will be a red colour but it turned out to be a pink with magenta hue.
They look pigmented in the tube but most shades are on the sheer side.I have to swipe them 3-4 times to cover the pigmentation on my lips.
Faint For Fuchsia – This shade kind of washes me out and I need some darker shade underneath it . It might be because I am little tanned nowadays but I guess it will suit people Below NC 41 .It’s buttery and it will melt on your lips but shade is damn pretty.
Cherry on top – I have shown you the shade with lip swatches above.
Summing it up
What I like about Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick:-
- Glossy and shiny lipstick
- Few shades cover pigmentation
- Light weight
- Being tinted still stays for 3-4 hours on my lips.
- $6 is certainly not bad for these
- Can take place of tinted lip balm
What I do not like about Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick:-
- I am some one who doesn’t like to reapply lipstick and this one needs reapplication .
- Not available in India
- Bleeds a bit.
Will I recommend it to others – Only if they reach India soon and at this pricing
Have you tried Maybelline Color Whisper?
- Pigmentation – 2.5/5
- Availability -(Not available in India)
- Price Vs Quality – 4/5
- Staying Power – 3.5/5(Considering they are more of a tinted lip balm)
You might like reading these also:-
- Wise She Magnet – Simply Vampastic Look
- Classic Purple Smokey Cateye Bottom Lid
- The Body Shop Body Butter Duo MACADAMIA Review
- Revlon Photoready BB Cream India Review
- Mini Mac Haul & & ColorBar BB Cream Swatches
- Matrix Biolage Smooth therapie Deep Smoothing Serum Review
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for face SPF 50 High Protection Review
- Introducing The Wise She Weight Loss Blog & Tarun
- Pure Crystal Perfume by Karen Low Review
- Wise She & Fruttini India Independence Giveaway
- Smoky Green Eye Indian Princess Look
- Maxfactor Color Elixir Lipstick In Eternal Flame Review & Swatches
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick 30 Cinnamon Bun Review And Swatches
- 10 Commandments To Lovely,Long,Polished And Practical Nails.
- Flormar Delux Shine Stylo Lipstick D40 Review & Swatches
- New Blushes In My Stash This Weekend