For the longest time I thought Revlon lip butters were overhyped. I mean come on they are just tinted lip balms in a lipstick bullet that cost Rs. 600 in India. in spite of reading numerous positive reviews on them I successfully ignored them. But then Revlon launched four more shades some time back and wild watermelon acted like meneka for me vishwamitra and succeeded in breaking my self control and now my friends addicted I am. This is a total rave post so let me warn you beforehand “tons of mush ahead”
- Buttery balm + shiny colour
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips. 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother and instantly hydrated.
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
- Available in 24 luscious shades
Price: INR 600 for 2.55
My take on Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Wild Watermelon:
Packaging: packaging is pretty chic and at the same time practical. Its housed in a lipstick kinda bullet where the plastic cap is of the same colour as the lipbutter. The only down side is that the cap is too long and its a pain to open it.
Texture: it’s super smooth and really glides like butter on the lips. I am a big fan of its texture. It scores full marks on this front. It really has that gel formula which feels amazing on lips.
Pigmentation: true to its claim it’s sheer to buildable and that makes it a perfect choice for any occasion. It requires two swipes for that burst of colour and to hide pigmentation.
Colour: This is where it won me over. God! How do I begin? It’s really like red juicy watermelon. It’s simply irresistible. I am so biased towards it that I am ignoring all my lippies for this which of course is not good for my pocket. Why only 2.55 g Revlon?? What pinches me even more is it retails for around 6$ in US. Grrrr!!
Staying power: is decent enough as well. Lasts for around 3 hours on me but that glossy juicy shine begins to fade away after an hour or two depending on the amount of chattering and snacking done which in my case is too much. and I could kiss Revlon for the fact that it doesn’t leave any ugly stain behind.
What I like about Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Wild Watermelon:-
- Gives me a lovely juice and um ahem kissable pout.
- The texture is simply unbeatable. I am a fan of the gel formula.
- Doesn’t feel sticky.
- Perfect cross between a lip balm and a lipstick.
- Hydrating. So a boon for dry lipped lesser mortals like me.
- Comes in plethora of shades to choose from.
- Intelligent colourful packaging. (smarty pants Revlon people are, they knew no one can have just one)
- Catchy names.
What I don’t like about Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Wild Watermelon:
- I wish it stayed a little longer. I know greedy me.
- I hate the fact that the cap is too long.
Final verdict: I have already kicked myself for not gorging on these wonder in bullet butters. I love them and recommend this juicy watermelon shade to each one of you.
That’s it for now ladies!! See you all soon with another lippy in my vanity. ciao!!
Have you tried Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Wild Watermelon?
You might also like reading these:-
- Oriflame Optimals White Day Fluid SPF 15 Review
- My my mega haul – Fabindia, New U, Yebhi.com and others
- MUA Blush in No.2: Review, FOTD
- Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer Dry Combination Variant Review
- 10 Fantastic Skin Care Tips One Must Follow
- ELF Hypershine Gloss Blossom Review & Swatches
- Elle 18 Nail Pops 53 Review & Swatches
- MAC Lipstick in Angel: Review, FOTD