Okay so my extraordinarily pretty friends , friends who have taken over the world of beauty and makeup art with a vengeance , do take out some time for this relatively newbee amongst thy exalted presence.
I have been dreaming about owning something from Illamasqua for like all eternity , but apparently the universe conspires to get you what you want if you really want it but in my case it wasn’t the universe but it was Wiseshe that conspired to get me the stuff of my makeup dreams – Illamasqua`s blush – oh let-me-say-this-in-my-faux-french-accent Duo Fard a joues poudre (till I enrol for my French classes that is. No not the ‘French’ you naughty –hotties are thinking , I was talking more along the line of linguistics ? yeah. )
So I have taken note of how busy we beauties are , and our love for reviews which are precise , brief , picture-rich , (those of us who can stretch the use of their point-and-shoots and exercise their creativity are most welcome – and I did try not to be absolutely abominable to the eyes ) , pros , cons listed – and whether you`d recommend the product to your best friends or not. Enemies are another thing altogether. )
So . Here is the packaging. Amazing , professional , all black – what`s not to love. The lock works – clicks with a reassuring *click* and shuts properly and to open , you don’t even need to bid your patiently grown fingernails goodbye. Yaay people.
- Texture : The texture of the blush is smooth ,and not chalky. It is intensely pigmented and it gives the flush – that`d convince even Benedict Cumberbatch …no he`s impossible in an irresistible way, but yes you`ll be questioned on your en-VIA-ble plans definitely in the course of the day. Okay I must behave now. With this blush on – I have been asked – oh my , the heat`s getting to the delicate darling , as well as – whoa – that chick sure eats healthy
- Finish : Semi matte to matte(the blush ). It`s not dead matte there`s definitely a soft effect. The bronzer on the other hand has a reflective finish with very finely milled glitter particles that give a polished shine and can also be used to highlight the cheekbones. It`s like my lakme moonlit highlighter (the darker honey shade , not the champagne one – except this one`s glitter is more refined than lakme. )
- Fragrance : It has no fragrance that`s hit you like Rakhi Sawant in a Vande Mataram video , so sensitive noses , you`d love to go all police dog on this one and still be happy.
- Pigmentation : Illamasqua is known for it`s intense range of pigments and intense pigmentation so it comes as no surprise that this blush delivers in that department. It`s a lovely blush. The bronzer (for lighter tones)/highlighter(for deep tones) whatever you`d call it – works as well with it`s dual properties and can be built up – but it gives good coverage in a swipe or two.
ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo Swatches:-
Honestly guys for an Illamasqua product , there would obviously be more pros than cons. They are professional and artistic. I love their campaigns and I love how they showcase makeup as art. Look up Klaire de Lys` channel – her hand arts , and Seven sins tutorial made me spellbound.
What I like about ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo :
- Great pigmentation
- Not chalky
- Lovely shade – Thank you Anamika di – you have a great taste in selecting shades skintone wise. This compliments Indian tones extremely well , can be used for daily wear as well as built up for performances/stage appearances/parties.
- Professional finish , great packaging
- Didnt irritate my skin
- Has no fragrance
- Doesnt become splotchy – stays on it`s own – but a primer /base is a good idea. Goes for all blushes.
- Bronzer works for face , the collarbones – imparts a nice hollywoodish glamour
What I don’t like about ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo :
Nothing really. Maybe because it doesn’t come with a brush – but then comeon – we all know the tiny brushes aren’t of much use , so it`s better to grab some of your own.
Hope you enjoyed the review . Wiseshe giveaways are fabulous.period.This is like the masterpiece in my vanity next to the Chanel no5 gifted by my sweet gorgeous aunt
Have you tried ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo ?
You might also like reading these:-