Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Lip Gloss in Coral Sunset
The monsoon is almost over. The autumn that follows is quiet unarguably the best season ever. I love this season that follows the rain. It’s the season to enjoy the outdoors looking your best. And so, this is also a great time for wearing make-up. You know it! That brings me to the review of a make-up product I recently bought and decided to share my feedback of.
- Price: INR 750 .You can but it in INR 700
- Quantity: 5ml
I had actually gone to buy a kajal but as always I was drifted towards other make-up stations as well. Then I saw it. The Lakme absolute gloss stylist lip gloss in coral sunset! I am a fan of shades of coral. I just can’t have enough of them. The first look at the beautiful coral color caught my eye and when I found out that it was one of the long stay glosses, I bought it. Below is a swatch, but hold; there is more to come
Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Lip Gloss in Coral Sunset Swatches:-
My exeperience with Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Lip Gloss in Coral Sunset:-
It is a bright shade of coral although I can argue its more pink than coral. You can see some golden specks inside the bottle which lend a beautiful gleam of very light golden to the lips. I imagine the color will look seriously pretty on fair skinned women. Although I am not as sure of how it will work with darker skins.
The sales girl claimed that the gloss stays for about 8 hours. For me it stayed intact for about 2 hours and then the color started to fade very slowly. ( I had actually washed my face after 2 hours of putting it on and without using the soap; the color was still intact. )
You lose some of the color as you wear it for longer durations because it gets transferred to the tea and coffee cups and the spoons as you eat. But it still stays a pretty pink.
The gloss feels slightly sticky (or heavy if you will) on the lips but that is true of all the long stay glosses. You know you are wearing the creamy lip gloss as long as it stays. I still prefer them because I find it annoying to go do the touch-ups ever so often. This product doesn’t demand that.
The image below shows how the color looks in natural light.
What I like about Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Lip Gloss in Coral Sunset:
- As is evident from the image, the color is very pretty. I have been raving about it.
- The lip gloss has a usable span of 2.5 years.
- The sheen on the lips doesn’t go away even though the color keeps on getting lighter and lighter.
- I think it makes the lips look slighly fuller as well. Although, that might just be me.
What I don’t like about Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Lip Gloss in Coral Sunset:
- A not so flattering thing about this lip gloss is that it bleeds slightly. So you may have to clear up the lip outline a little. But this problem can be solved by applying a little less of gloss than you usually do.
- The color does not stay for 8 hours as claimed. It wears out completely within 5 hours but that still beats most lip glosses that start coming off as soon as you apply them.
- The sponge for application is slightly flimsy. I’d have liked it to be sturdier.
- For the price range, there are other lip glosses available in the market that stay on longer and do not transfer that easily.
If you are a working woman who likes to apply bright colors that stay on for long… Then this is the product for you!
Have you tried Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist Lip Gloss in Coral Sunset?