Before I start today’s review, BIG THANKS to everyone who appreciated my first review! Thank you so much! You’ve really given me the encouragement to write more and made me sooo happy with your lovely words. Big big thanks to Anamika for this amazing blog and for making me a part of it now (yippee I’m so happy) Before I get too carried away, let’s get started on today’s review
Today, I will be reviewing a shampoo for you all – L’oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo. This is a densifying shampoo for thinning. Before I get started, a little bit about my hair- I have thick, wavy (not curly, S shaped waves) dry hair that is frizzy. Due to a recent nasty bout of illness, I have been losing hairs by the dozen! When no drugstore shampoo or oil could satisfy me, I decided it was time to head to the professionals and voila I arrived at a salon and asked them something for my hairfall. The hairdresser there suggested this one. Well, let us see how it fared for me
About L’oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:-
Densifying shampoo- Formula enriched with vitamin PP, B6 and with OMEGA 6 Nutri-Complex to help nourish the roots, helps restore vitality and give the feeling of renewed density to thinning hair. Ideal for use with the Aminexil Advanced anti-thinning hair programme.
- Price: INR545 for 250ml.You can buy it from here
- Packaging:It comes in the typical packing of all L’oreal Professional shampoos. The medicinal looking fat bottle It’s an almost (say 90%) opaque white bottle with a flip top. Everything about the shampoo is written on it. The flip top cap is firm and snaps shut tightly. It’s not too tight so you don’t have to worry about breaking your nails (god I hate when that happens!) I’m not sure how travel friendly this bottle is though owing to its large size.
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamide MIPA, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Sodium Methyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-10, Dmom Hydantoin, Niacinamide, Lecithin, Pyridoxine HCl, Linalool, Methyl Cocoate, Coumarin, Sodium Cocoate, Safflower Glucoside, Limonene, Fragnance
My experience with L’oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:
The shampoo is clear like water and thick in consistency. It has a kind of floral mixed with chemicals and vitamins fragrance it’s not too artificial and it’s not too strong. It doesn’t stay on in the hair post a wash so don’t worry sensitive noses. All in all, it’s a pretty ok scent. I don’t like it much but I don’t mind it either.
The shampoo is thick but however doesn’t lather AT ALL (SLS do your job ) It just doesn’t make my hair feel very clean either and I need to use a lot of shampoo so that I can feel my scalp clean even though I don’t use products that might give me a greasy scalp. When I oil my hair, this shampoo fails at removing it out even with 3 washes which is a major con for me. So what I do is, I oil my hair during the morning (can’t sleep with it coz I get pimples near the hairline), wash it off in the evening and then the next morning, again wash it off! If I don’t wash for two days in a row when I oil my hair, I’m left with this disgusting oily, limp hair.
However on the bright side! This shampoo gave me soft and bouncy hair and reduced the frizz to an extent. Even when I don’t use my conditioner (will review soon), my hair is soft and easy to comb through. My hair is wavy and the waves are more refined and more beach-like The effect lasts for a couple of days. It slightly reduced my hair fall although not completely and not from the first wash. You need to use it for a while to see its effect which is again not too drastic
Now summing up the pro’s and con’s
What I like about L’oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:
- Makes my hair soft and bouncy
- Reduced my haircfall to an extent (say 40-50%)
- Has a lot of vitamins in its ingredients list
- Sturdy packaging
What I don’t like about L’oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo:-
- Doesn’t drastically reduce hair-fall (for its price, I expected way more)
- Doesn’t remove oil AT ALL (major con for me as I love my champi)
- Doesn’t lather well so you need a LOT of shampoo for you to feel clean
- Smell is not great
- Too expensive and I wish it was available in different sizes so that you can try out a small pack to see if it works for you first
- Chemical loaded ingredients list L
- Not sure if it’s travel friendly-bulky bottle
- Opaque so I can’t see how much shampoo is left
Will I recommend it to others:
No, it’s too expensive for what it does. I will not be re-purchasing this. Might try out a different variant of this range though, one that lathers and cleans the scalp well!
Rating: 2.5/5 (coz I expected way more due to it’s high price tag)
Have you tried L’oreal Professional Density Advanced Shampoo?
You might also like reading these:-
- DIY – THE BEST HOMEMADE SCRUB FOR EVERYONE
- Pond’s Gold Radiance Boosting Cleansing Mousse Review
- How To Get Picture Perfect Makeup
- Launching The Wise She Food And Travel Blog
- Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk in Shade #PK 001 Happy Pink Review
- Revlon Photoready Kajal Intense Eyeliner+Brightener Review & Swatches
- Forest Essentials Lip Balm – Luscious Sweet Narangi Juice Review
- Essence XXXL Shine Lip Gloss 03 Nude Kiss Review & Swatch