Hello Everyone. Last 2 days I wasn’t going well. But Now I am back with another review on MAC ‘Ruby Woo’ Lipstick and possibly close dupe! So let’s get started…
About MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick :
Do I need to say anything?? The name says all
Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous. ‘Ruby Woo’ is describes as Classic Cool Retro Red Colour with Matte Finish. It falls under “Retro Matte Collection” including other colours it’s going to hit India Store as a permanent line this October 2013. Fortunately most of the colour will be available
Price: 990 INR or $15 USD
Quantity: 3 g / 0.1 US oz 00
Shelf Life: 3yrs from the date of manufacturing.
My take on MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick :
Few months before I never thought I could buy MAC products – reason: to be a student Mac cost a bumper but after saving and complete determination finally I went to MAC Store.! Brought few of my favourite lippies which I was hunting for long time.. . As a brand MAC do not need any explanation or advertisement but still I will share what ever I know about this lippie and texture.
MAC ‘Ruby Woo’ Lipstick: Mac defines it as a blue based perfect red in ‘Matte Finish’. Falls -Retro Matte Collection!
This Colour what I feel is for every skin tone. One of the MAC’s Hot selling lip colour. I had to wait more than 1 month to get this L always OOS! Anyways.. Lets move on..
The Texture is Matte– I would say very matte than their other matte range lippies… One of the driest matte lipstick I had tried so far.. Sometimes it’s hard dragging bullet on lips but when put on It’s a “GEM”.
The Pigmentation is opaque to full coverage. Can hides pigmented lips easily…Do not bleed thanks to matte finish and it can even last eating. Stay put 4-5 hrs on me. Slightly transferable b’coz of its rich colour. Although it is super matte it do not chap or flakes my lips (I have dry lips). That’s what I love! I am a Matte texture Fan. My lips feel like velvet .. I am in love with my first ever red matte lippie
DUPE ALERT!!- Dupe I discover..
- MAC Retro Matte lipstick # RiRi Woo: — From Retro Matte Collection. By this time everyone knows it. Ruby and Riri looks almost same but Riri is slightly dark than Ruby Woo.. Those who have Ruby, Riri not needed. Or vise versa. They both look superb dupe of each other! ( Sorry I don’t have RIRI WOO to show you swatches but you can google it )
- Rimmel Kate Moss Collection # 22:-– Reviewed already!. Well it’s my discover I am not sure if I am right or wrong but just wanna share with you guys J Swatch comparison below! Kate Moss has satin finish not matte.. Highly pigmented and rich in colour. Look quite similar to MAC RUBY WOO But the texture is not matte!
NOTE: To turn any glossy lipstick into matte texture.. dab some translucent powder over your lipstick to soak all shine and make it matte!
What I like About MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick :
- The Colour of course! I never thought I will be in love with RED!
- The Matte Texture. <3
- Do not bleed.
- Give my lips a velvety feel
- It’s MAC – the brand says all
- Unique Colour suits all skin tones.
- Staying power is great. Upto 4-5 hrs with without eating. It can survive mid day meal.
- Although it is the driest matte lipstick I came across, I am surprised that it do not chap my lips or flakes.
What don’t I like About MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick :
- The price
- I am afraid if I can wear it in winters.. Either I have to apply lip balm underneath or gloss above
- Due to drying effect I sometimes need to lick my lips or need to put some light lip balm on top to smile … you will definitely need to moisturize your lips after using this lipstick!
NOTHING ELSE! Anyhow I love this RED
Rating: 4.5/5 (.5 for more drying effect than the others matte range lipsticks).
Verdict: Yes Girls. Go Grab it.. I bet You will love it once you wear it.. I got addicted towards red recently lolz in a Retro style (B – My own experience says that It make me look beautiful Courtesy: One of the best MUA I came across- Sylvi this is for you
Have you tried MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo Lipstick ?
You might also like reading these:-
- Colorbar Enchanting Trio Eye Shadow Palette in Seductively Nuede Review
- Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Warming Treatment Review
- How to Get Aishwarya Rai’s Cannes Looks – Makeup Breakdown
- Strawberry.net Is Back With 10% off on Makeup & My Recommendations
- Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation Review
- Jovees Fairness Lotion Water Resistant Sunscreen Review
- Coloressence Lipstick- Passionate Pink Review & Swatches
- LOTUS HERBALS FRUJUVINATE Skin Perfecting & Rejuvenating Fruit Pack Review
- MUA Blush 2013 Collection in Bubblegum Review and Swatches