The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion
The Body Shop is one of my latest addiction nowadays. Each time I move out be it a shopping, normal mind refreshing coffee break with friends or a casual date I find myself end up buying something or the other from The Body Shop!!
About The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion:-
This festive, limited-edition body lotion gives skin a subtle veil of shimmer and has a zingy ginger fragrance. Perfect for the party season.
Zingy ginger scent.
- Price : 795INR or $12 USD .There is The Body Shop Gift Cube Ginger which is available on Nykka in a gift pack
- Volume: 250ML or 8.4 FL.OZ..
- Ingredients :
Direction : Pump the lotion into your hand and apply smoothly onto the skin. Apply as often as required.
My Take on The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion:
I am a big fan of The Body Shop’s products mostly their shower gel, Moisture Foundation and Body Butters. I am purchasing them now and then, anytime, all time and every time.
Firstly- They have a great ranges of products to choose from for all skin types – Dry, Oily, Pimple or acne, sensitive etc.. and
2ndly – They have discounts and offers going on almost throughout the year. Last year in winter mostly in Christmas festival time they launched – Ginger Sparkle Range,Vanila Bliss Range and Cranberry Joy Range (everyone’s favorite).
I went to the store to get Body butter from Cranberry Joy Range but my bad luck it was out of stock. Before leaving the store I heads-up to check other ranges and there I saw this sparkle lotion It got attractive packaging and golden colour pump nozzle cap. When I tested on my arms it felt nicely moisturized but not enough for winter season. For a Dry skin like me need more moisture and hydrating formula to protect the skin.
Anyways, if you see the pic, it got loads of shimmers into it. Sometimes I like it and sometimes it is annoying, just one pump and your are done with your nicely highlighted arms, legs, back, neck , shoulders etc.. Thinking why I dint mentioned face? that’s because the lotion is not recommend for facial use. So a complete NO ON FACE!!.
This Ginger Sparkle lotion is not good for daily use specially because it has load and loads of sparkle in it. Looks weird if you apply and move for office, school, colleges etc. Best I find it to be used in parties, marriages or in festivals etc.. I generally use it mixing in a small amount with my regular body lotion just to reduce the intensity of the sparkles.
Smell: The smell is not at all girly. It smells like rich and intense lemony spiced ginger mixture of something. (sorry am not able to define more about the smell, it is so weird) Not my kind of smell, Its irritate my nose!!
What I like about The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion:
- The packaging is good and travel friendly, the golden colour pump nozzle cap helps to dispense the lotion easily.
- Hygienic enough plus no fuss in taking out the product alike tub/jar one.
- Gives good moisturizing in normal days (not in winter). Normal skin ladies can use them in winters too.
- Has loads of Sparkles in it which when applied looks beautiful yet not harsh.
- Lately I like the cute ginger man printed on the bottle
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion:
- The Price !!
- For me the smell is total backout. But those who like the smell, not a con for them.
- Not good for dry skin ladies like me. The formula does not give enough moisturizing effect to skin. Mainly in winters.
- So much of glitters if applied wrongly can make you look like a disco balls so apply carefully.
- NOT ON FACE GIRLS!
- Not good for using it daily basis.
Rating: 3/5 (1 for moisture and 1 for being a sparkle factory) SORRY !
Final Verdict : I am not going to buy it again. If I ever need to highlight my arms, sholders, neck, back and legs I would better go and buy a highlighters rather wasting so much money on this lotion which I can’t use it in day to day basis.
Have you tried The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion ?