I recently, had my facial done at matrix salon. They are promoting Cheryl’s products and had Cheryl’s facial as the most effective and expensive one. They swear by the results, so I went for it. It was an amazing experience, truly an effective one. My face looked so polished and glowy for days after that. After the facial they gave me (read sold to me) cheryl’s products to use on daily basis. Their face wash, moisturiser and this sunscreen. The description, ingredients on the tubes and most of all the after effect of the facial attracted to buy these without second thoughts. Read on.
Price: Rs. 240
A clinically proven and effective cleanser that cleanses and lightens skin. This cleanser is for normal to dry skin and not suitable for sensitive skin.
1. It is formulated to gently cleanse skin and reduce the formation of melanin.
2. It effectively removes makeup and instantly lightens the skin.
1. Chamomile has antiseptic and healing properties. It has a calming, soothing and anti-inflammatory effect, which reduces puffiness and cleanses pores of impurities. Alpha-bisabolol is another ingredient in chamomile that promotes granulation and tissue regeneration. Chamomile oil also has great wound-healing properties and is extensively used for skin problems such as rashes, hypersensitive skin and allergic conditions.
2. Licorice, along with Vitamin B3, inhibits the formation of melanin and instantly lightens the skin, giving it whiteness, radiance and glow.
3. Yogurt contains lactic acid and enzymes that hydrate and soothe the skin, leaving it soft and smooth. The cleansing properties that aid digestion, also help purify the skin.
4. Lactic acid from milk exfoliates and hydrates the skin.
5. Niacinamide strengthens the skin barrier function. It helps moisturize and soothe the skin while also imparting a lighter and even skin tone.
Apply a few drops of face wash on moist skin, massage for 2 minutes and then rinse off well.
My experience with Cheryl’s DermaLite Face Wash :
Like all Cheryl’s products, it comes in a white tube with dermalite written with a pink background. The tube has whole lot of description about the product, ingredients and how it works.
It comes as a mint colored gel face wash. It has a very mild fresh aquatic fragrance to it. This fragrance gives me morning freshness, I love it. The gel is thick in consistency and is very moisturising for my dry skin. You need a little amount (coin sized) for one time usage. It lathers well; forms a thick lather. It takes away all the dirt and makes my skin look super clean. It is good for times when you come back from work or outing and you immediately need to clean your face. It gives me fresh and clean skin. It moisturises well too. I do not agree with the lightening effect though. I did not notice any lightening in my complexion. Generally, I do not believe any face wash or cream will impart any sort of fairness.
The ingredients list is what attracts a person towards these products but then ingredients are the only reason I am a bit sceptical about this because the whole list is not mentioned. Price and quantity are good.
Overall, it does the job of a face wash quite nicely, gives me super clean skin, moisturises my dry skin, gives out a pretty good fragrance and does not give me any skin problems, but I am still looking for a face wash which is completely natural ingredient wise and I should know I am not treating my facial skin with any chemicals.
Why I like about Cheryl’s DermaLite Face Wash :
- I like the gel consistency.
- Gives out a very nice and fresh aquatic fragrance.
- Cleanses the skin really well.
- Moisturises my dry skin
- The ingredients that are mentioned seem interesting.
- Does not give me any breakouts or so.
Why I do not like about Cheryl’s DermaLite Face Wash :
- I have become very particular about using as fewer chemicals on my face as I can, so incomplete ingredients list is a turn off for me.
See you soon girls.
Have you tried Cheryl’s DermaLite Face Wash ?
You might also like reading these:-