After years of getting my permanent teeth, I’ve finally made peace with them . I was so conscious of how my teeth looked, that I refrained myself from smiling or talking much in public just because I didn’t want people to see my teeth . I was so uncomfortable with them that taking a picture smiling happily was a dream then -_- huh. Finally after a lot of confidence boosting by a few dear souls in my life, now I’m very much comfortable and confident flaunting my big smile . Well, Because I’m not blessed with a perfect 32 by the grace of god , I need to put a little more effort to clean them and maintain the whiteness. During all this, I had learnt a lot of things to keep them in an as good state as possible. So here I’ve a few tricks to share with you guys!
- You need to brush you teeth at least thrice a day. Ohk I know we’ve been taught that in school, it was more of a reminder
- Apart from brushing, do pay attention to the flossing technique that helps you get rid of the accumulation of food particles at the corners of the teeth and in the space between them where your tooth brush can’t reach.
- Because of over subjection to floride and other chemicals your teeth might lose it’s enamel. To avoid that, restrict the use of toothpaste to only twice a day and use honey and salt in place of it. Honey and salt trick is your safest bet if you suffer from tooth sensitivity and using anything on your teeth scares you then this is the one for you.
- Lemon and baking soda is a well known miracle remedy for whitening teeth.
- Apart from whitening it also polishes your dull teeth. Believe me, it has helped me immensely.
- Do not forget to rinse your mouth after every meal with a good mouthwash, that helps keep your teeth free from any kind of bacteria/germs even if you do not brush them.
- There are a variety of teeth whitening gels available in the market, in the form of tubes and strips too which can directly be applied onto the teeth. A few of them are designed to get dissolved while a few are to be used for some time and then removed to reveal whiter looking teeth.
- Chewing gums are widely used to keep the mouth fresh and it helps cleaning the teeth as well.
- Cutting down the intake of tea/ coffee can help a lot if you wish to have whiter teeth.
- While going for drinks, make sure you use straws so as to avoid the teeth to come in contact with your drink.
- Eating fruits and vegetables which have a chewy and crunchy texture and those that require a lot of work by your teeth for example carrots, broccolis, radish and raw guavas are actually doing good for them. Eating an apple not only keeps your doctor away but even keeps the dentist away
- We all know that consuming milk and dairy products is good for your teeth and it helps in keeping them white, shiny and looking polished and strong as it contains a lot of calcium and phosphorous.
- Eating raw paneer and cheese keeps the teeth looking polished from within as they help the re-mineralization of the enamel on your teeth.
- Fruits that are high in vitamin C and antioxidants such as berries and citrus fruits help a lot in keeping your teeth free from stains. Rubbing your teeth with sliced strawberries gives whiter teeth instantly.
- Use diluted hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth in place of your regular mouth wash. It keeps them free from germ.
- Last but not the least, quit smoking, It not only is harmful for your health, your beauty but your teeth too
Things to keep in mind:
- Ohk, if you are not quite blessed with pearly white teeth and you try too hard to whiten them you are doing more bad than good to them make peace with them and do not be too abrasive on them.
- In the process of whitening you may never know when you are getting too harsh on your teeth. Limit the use of tooth whitening products and try more of the above mentioned natural methods.
- Do not use too abrasive tooth brushes and tooth pastes.
- Too much flossing can increase gap between your teeth or file off your teeth from the sides between your teeth making them look weird. keep a check!
- If you have suffered from any tooth sensitivity in the past and now you are trying to whiten them you should know you can’t treat them all the available whitening products. Consult your dentist before using any new product apart from the home remedies.
- For treating your teeth to any whitening procedures you need to have strong teeth first thing. Apart from having strong teeth the enamel on your teeth or the outer most layer of your teeth should be strong enough to be subjected to abrasive chemicals or whitening procedures.
- The enamel is the top most layer that gets stained and that changes it’s color over time but in the process of whitening and stain removing many procedures rip your teeth of it’s enamel That increases your tooth’s sensitivity in return, ah that sounds scary I know but it’s true. keep a check and see if your teeth look translucent or something looks missing or may be a few white-ish stains on them.
- If you follow all the above mentioned tips and you had pearly white and now you suffer from yellow or grey teeth then it’s time you see your dentist!
- And do not ignore any dental problem you ever notice. They can get worse without you even knowing them.
Ohk for all those who complimented me on my teeth , I use colgate optic white as of now but I don’t think it has made a lot of difference in the appearance of my teeth. Let me know what you guys do to keep your teeth white
Do you have any more tips for maintaining white teeth?
You might also like reading these:-
- Head-To-Toe Tricks To Look Gorgeous In No Time
- Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Shower Gel Review
- Elle 18 Color Pop Coral Shine Review & Swatches
- Street Wear Color Rich Lip Color 03 Pink Pie Review & Swatches
- Biotique Bio Papaya Exfoliating Face Wash Review
- MAC Matte Dangerous Lipstick Review
- 5 Tips for Quick Beautiful Matte Lips
- Himalaya Gentle Exfoliating Daily Face Wash Review