NYX Ridge Filler Base Coat
I always wanted to be a part of this blog as I prefer to buy any beauty product after checking reviews here since a long time. And now… It’s my OWN review here… Nice feeling really.
Okay, now let’s take a look on the product. I had never tried a base coat from NYX Cosmetics before and now it’s done! Many of us do not know the real benefit of using base coat or may know but lazy or always in a rush while doing their manicure. Therefore, we tend to skip applying the base coat.
Here are some benefits of applying base coat before the nail polish:
- Darker colored polish can stain your nail and cause nails to take on a yellow-ish color. While it is different for every person, this reaction can occur in a matter of days or within weeks of wearing the nail color. To prevent nails from yellowing, always use a base coat before polishing.
- Wearing a base coat will help the polish to stick better on your nails. Thus, it will improve the durability of your nail polish application.
About NYX Cosmetics:-
NYX Cosmetics originated and is headquartered in the heart of sunny Los Angeles. The cosmetics line was founded in 1999.
What Product Claims:
This is 1 of 10 nail treatments that will make it seem like you just received a fresh manicure and pedicure from a professional salon!
Packaging: It comes in a elegant sturdy glass bottle… Looks classy.
Product Quantity: 15 ml.
Shelf Life: 6 months after opening. No manufacturing date mentioned.
Price: Rs. 350/- . But I got it at Rs. 262.5/- online.You can buy online.
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Phthalic Anhydride / Trimellitic Anhydride / Glycols Copopolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adipic Acid / Fumaric acid / Phthalic acid / Tricyclodecane, Dimethanol Copolymer, Benzophenone-3, Citric Acid, Boehmite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite / Titanium Dioxide.
Its brush allows you a good control when applying and the product density is sufficient to provide full coverage on the nail in just 3-4 strokes.
Base coats are generally colorless, transparent. But this one made me surprised as it contains tiny glitter particles that are barely visible when applied a single coat but gives your nails a healthy glow. Just one layer is enough of course.
It dries very fast almost in no time so you have to be fast and tricky to get a perfect finish.
What I like about NYX Ridge Filler Base Coat :-
- It makes your nails healthy and radiant.
- Protects nails from harsh chemicals of nail paints.
- More importantly it makes your nail paints look perfectly finished without any ridges and hence nail paints lasts longer and shiny.
- Enough quantity in respect of price.
What I don’t like about NYX Ridge Filler Base Coat :-
- Availability must be an issue.
- Only 6 months shelf life.
- Too much chemicals used. Although works miraculously.
Rating :4 out of 5 stars.
Have you tried NYX Ridge Filler Base Coat ?