I hope you all are doing great. Today I am going to review a face primer from NYX which I am using from the past 15 days. Primers are really important for everyone, I have oily skin type and I use primer as they help in making makeup stay for longer time. Plus, my oily skin looks dull after a certain time and that is why I chose this lavender primer as it claims to brighten my dull face.
It’s available in 3 different varieties:
- Nyx Studio Perfect Clear Primer -Cover fine lines and large pores
- Nyx Studio Perfect Lavender Primer- Brighten and illuminate yellow undertones
- Nyx Studio Perfect Green Primer- Eliminate redness
Price: 12$ for 30 ml (Rs 2450 in India ).You can get it from Amazon in $8 if living abroad.
About NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer:
The main purpose of NYX Studio Perfect Primer is to prepare your skin for application of foundation and face powder. It evens out skin discoloration bringing out that blemish-free, flawless and satiny look. A silky and light-weight formula that spreads easily and helps makeup stay intact for longer time.
Directions to use:
Dollop out a pea-sized amount and apply on face and neck in upward circular motions to bring out smooth and bright complexion.
My experience with NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer in Lavender:
The primer comes in a lavender tube which is small in size but it will last for a huge time, trust me on that. It has a nozzle on top which dispenses small amount of product every time which is sufficient for application. You just need a pea-sized amount and it spreads easily on face. The primer is lavender in color (everything lavender, wooo) and it’s not at all heavy or greasy. Applying it is super easy and after application my face looks silky smooth. My foundation blends easily and foundation amount required is also less which is great as I don’t like applying foundations but my not-so-clear skin forces me. I have oily skin but it doesn’t make it more oily or greasy even after 5-6 hours which is excellent. I have visible pores too and it reduces pore size to some extent but I wish it gave me a pore-less skin, is there any primer which gives such illusion???
I have also used it as an eye primer and it worked really well without irritating my skin. It contains silicone but every primer contains it so I don’t have any issues with that as I have never faced any break out because of it. It increases the staying power of my makeup by 3-4 hours and thus it’s perfect for those who spend a lot of time outside and hate doing touch-ups. It also claims to give glow to dull skin and I agree with it as my makeup stays intact all day long and my face glows in the evening too as it did in the morning . Overall, I think it’s a really good face primer and I definitely recommend it to everyone. BTW, NYX doesn’t test on animals and that is why I love this brand even more as I’m animal lover.
There are three variants available and I would love to try the clear primer which is made for large pores. The price is on the higher side especially when purchased from Indian website, I so wish that NYX products were easily available here.
What I like about NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer:
- Makes skin silky smooth
- Foundation glides effortlessly after using it
- Reduces pore size to some extent
- I have used it as an eye primer too and it worked great
- The nozzle dispenses right amount of product
- Pretty and travel friendly packaging
- Three variants available
- Increases staying power of makeup by 2-3 hours
- Little goes a long way
- Not at all heavy
- Contains silicone but dint break me out
- Gives a nice glow
- NYX Doesn’t test on animal
What I don’t like about NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer:
- Pricey on Indian websites
- I wish it reduced the pore size more but you cannot get everything
Final Note: If you’re looking for primer which reduces pore size, makes application of foundation easy, gives a nice glow, makes makeup stay for long, can be used as an eye primer then this NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer in Lavender is for you. Ask your relatives, cousin, boyfriend (awww long distance) to get this for you as on Indian websites the price is horrible.
Have you tried NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer?
You might also like reading these:-
- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo Review
- Tresemme Shampoo And Conditioner Review
- TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo & Conditioner
- Best Loreal Nutri Gloss Mirror Shine Shampoo review
- Top 5 Best Shampoo For Dull And Damaged Hair
- Enliven Coconut and Vanilla Shampoo Review