Facial Hair ……!!!!! This is one such issue that has always been a reason of embarrassment for many girls. I always thought why God created facial hair especially for women when he knew in all ways it is going to be taken as a problem. I too am among those girls who every now and then keep looking for ways to remove facial hair but at the same time I am very scared of laser and electrolysis treatments. And the salon visits don’t come in handy for my lazy days. While my search for some easy home remedy for facial hair I came across some of the following methods and thought of sharing them with you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is one such spice that is present in every Indian kitchen and is consumed by each one of us on a daily basis, but how on earth we did not knew of its capabilities of removing facial hair. This is a magical spice I must say, good for health, treating wounds and I love it in my face packs too.
- Take around .5 -1 teaspoon of turmeric or how much is enough to cover the area to be treated. Now mix turmeric with raw milk, just enough milk to make it a paste. The paste should not be of very runny consistency. Leave the paste on face for some 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water post the pack is dried.This particular remedy will work well for finer hair.
- Chickpea Flour Mask: Also known as Gram flour is a very common ingredient found in Indian kitchens. If you guys remember or know about “Loi” that is usually done on new born babies to get rid of those unwanted hair on face and body. Well Chickpea Flour is the main ingredient in that process. Do I need to explain any further, how effective chickpea flour is when it comes to hair removal??? I guess not.
All you need to do is to take two teaspoons of chickpea flour, 2-3 pinches of turmeric powder, Milk 1 teaspoon and half teaspoon of fresh cream. Fresh cream can be avoided in case of oily skin. Mix all the ingredients to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste in directions of the hair growth and let it remain for 30 minutes. Now gently rub it in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Wash off completely with lukewarm water.
- Oatmeal – Banana Scrub: We all know Banana is such a blessing for dry skins. I especially love banana packs on my dry skin and love how soft & supple it leaves my skin. For using banana as a hair removal remedy, mix equal proportions of mashed ripe banana with oatmeal. Apply this paste on face in regular circular-rubbing motions. Continue rubbing for some 10-15 minutes and then let it sit for some another 5-10 minutes. Wash off.
- Rosewater – Alum: We all know how good rosewater is for our skin, it is a perfect toner. Alum is usually found in rock form and can be brought powdered form easily post grounding.
Mix ½ teaspoon of alum powder with 2 tablespoon of rosewater. Now take a cotton ball and dip it in this mixture and apply this on your facial hair. Let it dry and reapply, repeat the procedure continuously for 30-40 minutes. In case of sensitive skins repeat the process for only 15 minutes. Wash off and apply some olive oil to moisturize the skin.
- Indian Nettle – Turmeric: Take half a fist of Indian Nettle leaves and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Wash nettle leaves and grind them to a paste. Now mix turmeric powder to this paste. Apply this on your face and leave overnight. Repeat this for 4-5 weeks and you will love the results.This remedy works really well.
- Oatmeal Scrub: Oatmeal is great for exfoliation and regular exfoliation too adds in hair removal. All you need is ½ teaspoon of ground oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of honey and 6-8 drops of fresh lemon drops. Mix all these to form a paste. Apply this on your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Now gently rub your face in circular motions against the directions of hair growth. Wash off.
- Fenugreek Powder: Using fenugreek as a scrub- mask is very effective in reducing facial hair.
Take 1-2 teaspoon of fenugreek powder, 1-2 teaspoon of green gram powder. Mix these two and make a paste with help of water. Apply this paste and use a soft dry cloth to gently rub the paste off after it is dried.
- Barley Scrub: Take 1 tablespoon of barley powder, 2 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients and apply this paste on your face. Leave for 20 minutes. Gently rub against the hair growth and wash off.
- Orange-Lemon Peel Mask: Take 1 teaspoon of dry orange peel powder, 1 teaspoon of dry lemon peel powder, 1 teaspoon of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of ground almond meal. Mix all the ingredients and add 1 teaspoon of rose water & 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it again. Now apply this on your face and leave for ten minutes. Now gently rub in circular motion for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Gelatin Peel-Off Mask: You really need to be patient with this remedy and work finely so as not to create much mess. Take 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin, 2-3 Tablespoon of milk and 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil or lemon juice. Mix gelatin, milk and lavender oil and microwave it for 15 seconds. Apply a thick coat immediately to your face or the areas that need to be treated. As gelatin sets quickly, you will have 2 minutes in hand to set the paste. Avoid areas near eyes and eye brows. Once the coat is applied leave it for some 15 minutes or until dry. Now peel off the mask.
I hope you girls liked these remedies and by now must have picked some remedies for you to try. Do share what are your picks.
You might like reading these also:-
- Colorbar Matte Touch Lipstick Pink Chiffon Review & Swatches
- How To Care For Your Eye Lashes
- DIY – Mango Body Scrub9 Uses of Neem For Skin
- Nature’s Essence Under Eye Cream Review
- SaND For Soapaholics Fruit Blast Soap Review