I was overwhelmed with the comments on my MAC post so I’d like to thank everyone for taking to my inane ramblings, like a duck does to water.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s move on to the product I am now going to review. Face Primers have always been used by makeup artists to minimise skin flaws and improve the longevity of makeup. But most primers like that of MAC and Smashbox are insanely expensive, well out of the budget of a college student.
So I set out to look for an affordable primer, and this lead to me buying this adorably chic primer. So on to the review then!
- Price: $6.You can buy from Amazon from here if abroad.
About the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear:
Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting satin finish.
Features a new and improved air pump! For best results, you may need to pump the component several times before product dispenses.
Tone Adjusting Green is ideal for minimizing redness and correcting blotchy skin.
Brightening Lavender is ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten dull or yellow tones.
Radiant Glow is ideal for creating a luminizing effect on dark spots and uneven skin tones.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone，Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Tin Oxide (CI 77861)
My take on the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear:
The packaging of this product is one of its USPs. It looks adorably chic, reflecting a much higher price tag than what it actually has. The pump dispenser keeps application hygienic and inanely simple.
All you require is a pea sized amount, generally a pump should suffice, to prime your entire face. Once you begin to rub in the primer into your skin, you can feel the silicone creating a “barrier” on your skin. It fills in my fine lines and works brilliantly for my mom’s open pores too. This barrier also locks in moisture in the skin and feels extremely light, almost like you have nothing on at all. This primer has never broken me out and doesn’t make my combination skin feel greasy.
I also noticed something integral about the functionality of this product through a very funny incident. My college friend was finding it hard to believe that I can cry “on demand tears”, crocodile tears that work like a charm. I proved that I easily could, sitting in the deserted cafeteria along with friends and she was left mumbling profanities. I had this primer on beneath my makeup and it didn’t budge an inch despite the tear fest, hence it’s tear proof, or essentially water resistant. By the way, I take the Spiderman “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility” very seriously and don’t use the fake tears unnecessarily.
This product is one of the most expensive e.l.f. products but is certainly still incredibly affordable. It contains silicones/silicates that help filling the skin imperfections. Some people may find themselves allergic to this, so it’s best to do a patch test before slathering it across your face. But despite this albeit major con, it is an amazing product perfect for all ages and races.
What I like about the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear:
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Easy to apply
- Blends well
- Travel safe classy packaging
- Keeps makeup fresh all day long
- Not greasy
- Prevents makeup from settling in pores, fine lines and wrinkles
- e.l.f. products are not tested on animals
- It’s tearproof, you can use it for weddings! (I have cried with this one, hence it’s “tearproof” rating.)
- Locks in moisture, while controlling excess oil
- Only a small quantity is required per application
- Hygienic dispension of the product
What I don’t like about the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear:
- First few pumps apply patchily if you have not used the product for a long time
- Not as much quantity as one would like
- One of the most expensive e.l.f. products
- Contains silicone which some people may be allergic to
- May clog pores for certain people
- Contains parabens
Would I repurchase the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear? Hell to the yes!
Would I recommend the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear to friends? Ofcourse I will.
Rating 4.75/5 (It deserves a 5, but the silicone issue is something to ponder carefully)
Have you tried the e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear ?
P.S – I also figured out that this primer is a perfect dupe for the Sephora Face Primer ($15) and also The Smashbox Photo Ready primer ($30). All three are silicone based primers that last all day!
You might also like reading these:-
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion-Type 3 for Combination Oily Skin Review
- Colorbar Lip Pot Forever Pink 010 Review & Swatches
- Orange Face Mask Recipe – DIY
- Ranbaxy Suncros Sunscreen Lotion SPF 26 Review
- Richfeel Scalp Cleanser With Saw Palmetto Review
- Soap and Glory Hand Food Hand Cream (ORIGINAL PINK) Review
- Hema Malini’s Beauty, Makeup and Fitness Secrets Revealed