ABOUT Roop Nikhar Gulab- Product Benefits:-
Forest Essentials Roop Nikhar Gulab is a powerful exfoliating treatment that stimulates the underlying tissues of the skin. By its revitalizing, refreshing & refining actions, this ‘Ubtan’ helps in the natural glow of the complexion. It protects from various skin problems like Acne and Blemishes. Its regular usage prevents the occurrence of premature fine lines and removes tan
- How to use: Take half teaspoon and mix with yoghurt or rosewater to make a creamy paste.Use to wash face. Rinse well.
- Ingredients: Lentils 20%, Rose Petal Powder 19.4%, Chandan Oil 16.5%, Orange Peel 15%, Jao Flour 10%, Anantmool 5%, Neem Leaves 5%, Katsarya 5%, Haldi 3%, Saffron 1%, Camphor 0.1%|
- Quantity: 50 gms.
- Price: Rs.650/-
- Shelf life: 24 months from the date of manufacture, to be used up within 6 months of opening the lid.
- Packaging: I have the one in an older packaging which is a transparent plastic container with a screw shut lid. Now a days they have changed the packaging to a more colorful and fancier one. I find packaging light and travel friendly.
How to use it: I take one spatula of ubtan, mix it with rose water and apply it on my face and neck. Although Forest Essentials has instructed to use it as a face wash, Iam somewhat not convinced to use ubtans as face wash. Iam a firm supporter of age old tradition of applying a layer of ubtan-lep on the facelet it dry for 25-30 minutes, and then rinse it off by scrubbing with light circular motion of fingers. I also tried using it with curd but than my already oily skin started feeling a bit greasy so I’ve stopped it using that way.
Texture: Texture wise it is a coarse grainy powder which I find a bit abrasive, mixed with lots of herbs(as claimed by Forest Essentials). As the powder is not finely milled and is a bit sticky, so if we mix rose water in more than required quantity it can make it flow away. However if we use lesser quantity of mixing fluid than it will not adhere well to the skin. So one needs to be careful about the consistency of the lep. Although I find it very easy to work with curd but since it doesn’t suits me much hence I stick to rose water only for mixing this ubtan.
Smell: It smells of dried rose petals; however there is a bit of artificialness in this smell. If you have experienced the fragrance of Forest Essentials Rose Water than you can make out the difference between that natural smelling rose water and artificial and strong rose fragrance of this ubtan.
My experience with Forest Essentails Roop Nikhar Gulab Ubtan:
I am a fan of Forest Essentials ubtans. I have used all the variants of it- Tejasvi, Soundarya, Multanimitti, Narangi– Nagkesar and the captioned one. Iam a hoarder of these ubtans. At any point of time I have 3-4 variants of ubtans in my bathroom shelf. If I’ve to rate these ubtans, than according to me MultaniMitti will score highest and this one the lowest.
In fact Iam pretty disappointed with this product. It did nothing vis-a-vis high claims made. For instance about its revitalizing, refreshing & refining actions, this ubtan fairs poorly on all the fronts. As already mentioned lentil particles of these ubtan are quite abrasive so it hurts if I applied even with the gentlest of pressure. My skin appears red and badly treated after scrubbing it off; there is no question of glowing or brightening effect!! I’ve stopped it applying in my usual ubtan manner; rather I applied a thick layer of it and wash away with cold water. Now again a point why thick layer to waste the product? I apply a thick layer due to two reasons: the first being that whenever I apply it in a light layer it dries very quickly and give a very uncomfortable tight feeling which I want to wash away at the earliest, and I don’t think that ubtans work in that short a span of time.
Secondly and more importantly I want to finish it off as early as possible because this is a useless product from a very useful brand. I don’t want that by any means this may lower my love towards FE ubtans- so isko jaldi se niptao As already mentioned Iam using 3 FE ubtans presently, I can’t say which one has put a check on my acne? But it is my gut feeling that Multani Mitti has done the wonder. I have already finished 2 tubs of MultaniMitti and Iam pretty much convinced from its past track record hence I can’t say anything about the claim of Roop Nikhar Gulab Ubtan over my acne and zits. Also about tan removal claim I can’t say anything but one thing is for sure that post washing my face I see a visible yellow tinge on my skin probably due to the presence of turmeric in the ubtan. However this yellow colour disappears soon so that is not an issue-neither good nor bad.
What I like about Forest Essentials Roop Nikhar Gulab Ubtan:-
- First and foremost Forest Essentials– the brand. No matter how dud this product is, I simply can’t live without their ubtans. I’ll keep using them throughout my life (am I behaving like a drama queen here?)
- Its natural, however I’ve some doubts that may be- just may be they have use some artificial gulab scent in this ubtan (I repeat- maybe, am not all sure about this).
- Decent quantity that lasts long.
- And what else??? Packaging..
- Bas, no more good points.
What I don’t like about Forest Essentials Roop Nikhar Gulab Ubtan:-
- Does nothing for brightening or glowing of complexion.
- No remarkable long term effect either.
- Very harsh as an exfoliator.
- Price and availability.
- Messy and a bit tricky to use -falls everywhere if the liquid is less or turns out to be too runny if the mixing liquid is even slightly more.
Rating: 1/5 (1 for being a product of Forest Essentials brand).
Will I purchase it again?
Need I even tell this now . Ajkal ka pyar andha nahi hota ;-D
Have you tried Forest Essentials Roop Nikhat Gulab Ubtan?
You might also like reading these:-
- Faces Ultime Pro Nail Lacquer Shade 22 Champagne Shower Review
- MUA Love Hearts Lip Balm Sugar Lips Review & Swatches
- Sleek Makeup Kajal Eyeliner Odyssey Review, Swatches & EOTD
- 6 Steps To Less Is More Makeup – Wise She Mag Net -Femina 2013 March
- Five Healthy Eating Habits of Our Parents We Should Adopt
- Revlon Age Defying With BOTAFIRM SCULPT-LOGIC Serum Deep Re-shaping Face And Contour Serum