I was given a tag of “RED LIP LOVER” but it is slowly turning into orange lip lover and here is most easy to wear kind of shade and I am sure you will agree with me on this. I am sharing GUERLAIN ROUGE G JEWEL Lipstick # 41 – Gypsy. The lipstick is part of their permanent line and is out and out luxury to own. You can read Zara’s review of another wearable rouge here.
- Size – 3.5 gms,
- Price – 2025/- ,
- Shade – The colour is soft medium jewel toned orange shade with super fine golden shimmer to it, how fabulous the shimmer is playing its part; it lends a gorgeous sheen to my lips and doesn’t feel glittery. You can see the shimmer in the tube and on lips also there is soft luminous sheen, works like a charm and you don’t need any gloss with it for added glossy feel. There is enough shine and pigmentation, once the shines wears off the tint on lips stays.
- Texture and Finish – The lipstick is very light weight and creamy, it just glides and doesn’t bleed or settle in fine lines. The texture is extremely soft but still doesn’t slips off and manages to stay for 4 – 5 hrs on my lips. I do need to layer it twice to get even coverage, some darker shades needs just a single layer to cover every bit of pigmentation. Like all GUERLAIN product this also is VIOLET SCENTED and need not say that I am a fan!
GUERLAIN Rouge G Jewel Lipstick # 41 Gypsy Swatches:
- Packaging – You can see from pictures, it is heavy metal case with magnetic closer with “G” logo which closes the lipstick base and the cap. Once you take the cap off you see mirror opens up. The lipstick name is written on back and is hard to read, certainly not a con. In USA you can get your name etched on lipstick and I am planning to get one in near future. I can go on and on and on packaging but more than packaging the product inside is absolutely delight to use on lips.
What I like about GUERLAIN Rouge G Jewel Lipstick # 41 Gypsy:-
- The case for sure, the packaging is absolute stunning however not sleek.
- The lipstick is opaque in single swipe even if the colour is very light, if you layer it more it appears more vibrant.
- The texture is super smooth and very light weight.
- The lipstick doesn’t bleed or settle in fine lines.
- The shimmer is worked so wonderfully, they just add luminous sheen to lips.
What I don’t like about GUERLAIN Rouge G Jewel Lipstick # 41 Gypsy:
- The price tag, but # 41 is 2025/- however some shades are for 2875/- , this still is little easy on pocket.
Ratings – 5/5 , I absolutely adore GUERLAIN ROUGE G’s and will keep on buying these. Do give them a shot . They offer wide variety of shades and you are likely to get what you are looking for.
Have you tried GUERLAIN Rouge G Jewel Lipstick # 41 Gypsy?
You might also like reading these:-
- Diana Of London Pure Addiction Lipstick Pink Dawn Swatches & Review
- 6 Maybelline Jewel Lipstick Lip Swatches
- 16 MAC Heavenly Creature Summer 2012 Collection Swatches
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Shy Cherry Review & Swatches
- Colorbar Star Gloss Lip Gloss Ripe Apple Review & Swatches
- My 9 current favourite lipsticks